Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Change rear and front together??  (Read 857 times)

Offline Petstep

• Tiger Member
Re: Change rear and front together??
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 05:43:53 PM »
How many miles are people getting out of Anakee Adventures? I used to get about 12,000 out of a pair of Anakee 2's on my v-strom 650 - good /mile! Would be happy if the Adventures get similar miles :-)

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 06:04:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Petstep [+]
How many miles are people getting out of Anakee Adventures? I used to get about 12,000 out of a pair of Anakee 2's on my v-strom 650 - good /mile! Would be happy if the Adventures get similar miles :-)

Mine are at 8500km, both front and rear have roughly 4mm thread left, from 6mm if I remember correctly, so unless they suddenly degrade at a certain wear, I think 12'000 miles will be doable, but your vstrom though a twin had less torque, so maybe on the Tiger, wear will be increased in comparison, nothing certain.

I'll personally got back to continental, with my Africa twin on TA2 I managed 20'000km, riding many times like an a**hole  :156:, so TA3 should be as good and I prefer continental wet feeling to Michelin's, but that's personal.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 06:08:17 PM by Djairouks »

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
  • Bike: FZ1N, XJR1300
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 02:18:37 PM »
I always change mine as a pair, just out of choice. 9 times out of 10 I sell my old ones as part worn for 30
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 09:36:44 PM »
I've put 60k km on Heidenau K60 Scouts on my bike and I've averaged 2 fronts to every 1 rear with no real issues.  I think it will depend on your tire, if I was going to have to do it twice instead of both tires at the same time I would just do both tires at the same time personally.

The additional time and hassle wouldn't be worth a couple thousand km of extra mileage for me.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch