Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Winter lights  (Read 555 times)

Offline mym

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XR
Winter lights
« on: October 29, 2020, 02:55:12 PM »
Hi,

Am wanting to illuminate my bike a little better so I don't end up with some dozy driver who hasn't driven much recently ploughing into me.

I've just bought some engine bars and would like to mount some lights to them for visability and to act as some better lights for the road.

Does anyone have a recommendation for some light's that will function as drl's and as proper lighting for dark nights. I assume that these will turn them off and on ok ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283949983836 )

Also, I have one of these led strips that do rear side/brake/indicator lights, any ideas how is to connect it to my bike? I would like to mount it on my top box so would also need a connector inline so I can remove it.

Thanks!

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Re: Winter lights
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 05:46:51 PM »
The world is your oyster. There are many lights to choose. By far the best out there are the Denali. However they are extremely expensive. Many of the functions can not be used on the Triumph, but you can wire them up to perform as a DRL, at a reduced performance ie 50%, then switch to full power for high beam. This would be my preferred method but to involved for my limited knowledge

Offline mym

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »
Are there any that have any kind of beam pattern?

It either seems to be flood lamps which will dazzle anyone or fairly tightly focused spot lamps.

Offline mym

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 12:00:05 PM »
Bought myself those buttons for lights and heated grips.

anyone have any recommendations for lights that dont cost the earth?

Failing that, are the bikeviz bullets any good as a DRL? would consider pairing them with a separate flood/spot might

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 03:09:52 PM »
See if Komy has anything that suits your needs, great service and well made

https://www.2allbuyer.com/3500LM-Cree-Led-Light-x2-P3205433.aspx
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch