Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Replacement Screen  (Read 783 times)

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Replacement Screen
« on: October 29, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »
Im looking at replacing my screen with the Givi D6415ST.
I have just fitted a wind deflector to prevent the turbulence around the helmet. This has worked out really well, but it is mounted in my eyeline. At the moment the givi is the best Ive found. Im not sure if it will still adjust, or if there are better one available. ?

Online Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
Re: Replacement Screen
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 08:10:35 PM »
I find the stock screen on my Rally Pro works best when at the lowest position. Less is more when it comes to screens, IMO. Thinking I might cut it down a little, as I did on my 800, although this is a million times better than the 800 (gen1, 2) screen.

Offline uglybeard

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 05:53:20 AM »
One of the first things I did when I got my GT Pro was order a screen from Calsci.  I had one on my Explorer and it worked really well.  I have never used it as I've decided I like the standard screen.  Would be willing to sell it if it is of interest to anyone.  It is the large size and you can see it on their website.

Regards,

Richard

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 09:06:48 PM »
Well, what a day. Givi screen arrived this afternoon, but I had a nightmare taking the lower 2 bolts out. They have the rubber nuts at the back, but they had frozen on. Access is minimal. I ended up pulling all the rubber off, piece by piece until I could pull the screen off. Not sure why they would not unscrew. The givi screen does not come with fixings, so Im having to wait for new ones to arrive now 😕

Online Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 10:26:01 PM »
This rubber fixings are pretty common on several models, often used for accessory fly screens. Ive never had any problems with them in the past but also found on my Rally Pro that one of them wouldnt undo. My screen was very stiff from new so I wanted to pull it off and see if I could loosening it up. The rubber ripped in half. Got it back in but not sure what will happen if/when I try to undo it again.

Anyone planning on removing a screen might want to order a couple of the fixings just in case.

Online Alan B

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 10:28:01 PM »
I'm fairly happy with the standard screen, but will be interested to hear if the Givi is an improvement.  It does look rather large though, and others have mentioned it hits the handguards on full lock.

Recent Topics