Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Quickshifter  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Rick B

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 XRT
Quickshifter
« on: October 31, 2020, 07:37:20 AM »
The only thing i miss on my Tiger is the quickshifter,I had one on the RT1200and even though it was a little clunky i loved it.Has anyone had the OEM version fitted and was it an improvement?
 :031:
The Perfect Woman,
A deaf and dumb nymphomaniac that runs an off-licence!

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 800
Re: Quickshifter
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 08:41:11 AM »
Never had one fitted to my 800 Tiger, but had one fitted to my 900 GT as an extra, best quick shifter I've ever used.(others being a GS / Multistrada) ..

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 10:14:21 AM »
Cheapest and more easy ones to install are these https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/iqse/

But I don't think you get rev matching for downshift, then there is the pro choice, but might require a more experienced person for setting it.
https://www.translogicuk.com/quickshifters.php

Offline Rick B

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 XRT
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 12:47:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
Cheapest and more easy ones to install are these https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/iqse/

But I don't think you get rev matching for downshift, then there is the pro choice, but might require a more experienced person for setting it.
https://www.translogicuk.com/quickshifters.php
I was possibly going to go with the Triumph option not sure fitting a aftermarket one would void the warranty
 :001:
The Perfect Woman,
A deaf and dumb nymphomaniac that runs an off-licence!

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 12:55:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rick B [+]
I was possibly going to go with the Triumph option not sure fitting a aftermarket one would void the warranty
 :001:

To my knowledge the Triumph shifter is not on the option lists, so I've heard it's not compatible, maybe other will shine in on this !?

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 01:14:41 PM »
enquired about this for a 2019 XCA - dealer told me it's not available - either the wiring harness or the ECU doesn't allow for it?

would have been nice but now that I've mastered clutchless up/downshifts, I'm not missing it at all
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 02:08:28 PM »
You can learn clutchless up & down shifting. It's only timing and finesse.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 03:07:55 PM »
Absolutely, especially that the Tiger gearbox is the most user friendly gearbox for clutchless shifting, my yami in contrast, is a lot more firm and  not as forgiving.

Offline Adey Bee

• Tiger Master
  • Must change that Avatar, new one is white
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 11:36:20 PM »
I agree the Tiger gearbox is awesome for clutchless shifting, absolutly a doddle going up coming down needs a bit more care, obviuosly itll never be as good as a quick shifter, ive used it on 1200, the speed triple R and the new Tiger 900 GT and Rally pro, the last 2 were by far the best and I think its purely down to the Dogs bollox gearbox that the Tigers have always had.
Bandit 1250, Tiger 800 XC, Tiger 800 XCA, Tiger 800XRT

Online Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 05:25:57 PM »
Clutchless downshifts are only fun if you have a slipper clutch or similar though.
Hammer into a tight turn and stamp it down 2 or 3 gears and let the electronics do their job  :001:
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Recent Topics