Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph bar risers  (Read 1985 times)

Offline rubbertoe

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800 xca
Triumph bar risers
« on: November 01, 2020, 12:22:14 AM »
Has anyone used these Triumph brand bar risers? I need some risers that won't be a problem with my switch wiring and cables on a 2019 XCA 800.
                 https://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/controls/id-A9638167/Handlebar_Risers_%E2%80%93_CR3

I believe anything taller will be a problem, Thanks,  Robert

Offline ernie_h

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRt
Re: Triumph bar risers
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 03:33:05 PM »
This may not be relevant but on my 2016 Tiger 800 XRT, I changed out the risers to the stock XC risers, which were taller.....the part number you listed is the part number of the risers I installed. Not sure if anything changed on the 2019 models, but you may already have those risers on your XCA. As an alternative, SW Motech made a 20 mm spacer that you can add to the risers [at least for the 2016's] that is a very nice part, but I don't know if that is too much to add to an XC (cables, etc)....there should be other threads that discuss this.

Offline rubbertoe

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 03:39:34 PM »
Thanks Ernie, what you say sounds right, the ones I linked to look just like my stock ones. I have searched this and the adventure forum and still have no answers. I do not see the sw motech spacers anywhere but that spacer sounds like a solution I would try.

Offline ernie_h

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 03:42:40 PM »
I called them spacers....I guess SW Motech calls them risers...but they're just a 20 mm flat bar [nicely machined, though]:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-handlebar-risers-triumph-tiger-800-explorer-1200-2011-2018?sku_id=1035140

[they may be out of stock at revzilla, but they are available elsewhere]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:45:32 PM by ernie_h »

Offline rubbertoe

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 03:48:36 PM »
Thanks again, yes out of stock at revzilla, I don't see them on the sw motech site but they look perfect, I'll keep looking.

Offline thyg0048

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 800 xrx
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 03:32:54 PM »
Just recieved mine yesterday from Germany, voight-mt.de Tiger 800 xrx 15. I chose the traditional 20 mm

https://voigt-mt.de/Triumph-Tiger-800-Modelle_2

Price is OK and finish is super it seems

Offline Daveyboy66

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 08:10:10 PM »
Try Rox risers from adventure bike shop. I spoke with Carl who knew absolutely everything you need to know. He was fully aware of the 8 & 10mm set up on Triumphs. I went for 1.75 risers on his advice on my xrt and fitted a treat with no cable interference. On the xca the bars are set higher due to the off road set up. You will have options but will need to aware of the cables. Also had 10% discount as advised to enter STAYSAFE at the check out. Highly recommend adventure bike shop.

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 03:12:14 PM »
2018 XRT and installed the SW motech 20mm spacer, absolutely no cable problems 30mm should also be fine,
I had Rox risers on my Honda and I don't see the point here if it's to only rise bars straight, especially at twice
the price of the spacers.

Offline D6864

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White XC
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 12:52:08 PM »
After 8 years with my XC, I tried the risers in the forward position for the first time yesterday. Wish I'd done it years ago! It gives me a more natural riding position, removing the feeling that the bars are angled back too far back so the pressure on your hands is greater towards the outside than the inside. I'd tried to address this previously by rolling the bars forwards in the clamps slightly but that wasn't as good as turning the risers. It also brings you closer to the screen and lower so turbulence and noise are reduced a bit. Very quick and easy to do, and well worth a try.

Offline rubbertoe

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 01:59:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
2018 XRT and installed the SW motech 20mm spacer, absolutely no cable problems 30mm should also be fine,
I had Rox risers on my Honda and I don't see the point here if it's to only rise bars straight, especially at twice
the price of the spacers.
I have ordered the sw motech 20 mm risers from revzilla. They were out of stock but revzila notified me they were now in so they are on the way to me. thanks to all of you for your help I will post my opinion of them later.

Recent Topics