Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 800 XC Non start  (Read 311 times)

Offline Whitetiger11

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC '11
800 XC Non start
« on: November 02, 2020, 06:03:59 AM »
Greetings All
Two weeks ago after a run I washed the Tiger, muckoff and garden hose
Fired the bike up and rode to the garge 5 minutes and left, Now when I went to start up it had all the dash lights, engine turned over and a smell of unburned fuel at the exhaust but it did not fire up, not that mechincal on the Tigher so before it goes to the shop does anyone have any suggestions, I've tried the spare key too
Cheers

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: 800 XC Non start
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 06:27:29 AM »
Basics first:
Kill Switch
Side stand
Enough fuel
Leave it for a while

Sounds like (from the clues) that it's electrical so double check the coil connectors and spark plugs next

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »
 Any chance you allowed water to enter the fuel tank?
 If so, adding 100ml or so of methylated spirit might help mix water and fuel if it has a small amount of water in the tank. Keep cranking until it wants to fire.
Or, did you get too much water around the ignition connectors/cables? Make sure electricals are dry.

Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 06:05:09 PM »
It's advisable to blow dry the bike after washing or riding in the rain, especially the areas where there are wire connections. A short ride won't eliminate all the moisture. If connections are left to dry by ambient temperature the water will leave a residue on the wire connections that over time will corrode the connections.

Chico

Recent Topics

winded-staunch