Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First Annual service and an extra years warranty.  (Read 224 times)

Offline Old__Rider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT
First Annual service and an extra years warranty.
« on: November 02, 2020, 01:52:30 PM »
It has almost been a year since I brought the Tiger and I have not had a chance to really use it this year. So with a, shameful, 1000 miles on the clock I booked it in for a service for today. All went fine and while I was waiting, I noticed the new(?) extended warranty leaflet. I was um'ing and ah'ing whether to for for an extra year (250) and the jury was still out when I got called to say the bile was ready. The desk was doing the paperwork and they had a winter deal which meant my service was 99; so I brought the warranty as well. 
Londoner living in Leicestershire, working in Nottingham (soon to be Northamptonshire) and riding a 800 XRt.

Offline crispey

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 thrux
Re: First Annual service and an extra years warranty.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 02:08:51 PM »
I know its too late now but I had the same with a car, I um'd and Ah'd in front of the salesperson/service desk and they went off to "speak to the manager" and came back and offered it to me half price. I guess if they have belief  in their product they should believe it wont be used so basically its free money!

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
Re: First Annual service and an extra years warranty.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 02:09:50 PM »
It's never an easy decision regarding extended warranties - how much is piece of mind worth? However, for me, spending 250 to extend the warranty for an extra year on a motorbike worth 9k or more would probably be a bit of a no brainer, especially if my annual mileage was likely to be modest.
Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT560 + collection of classic British bikes

Recent Topics