Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bar Muffs  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Nelizzz

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Snot green
Re: Bar Muffs
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 04:28:48 PM »
Nice thanks
They are huge  :001:
So apparently fog en heated grip switches are inside the muff

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 09:58:23 PM »
They are big as the cover the plastic handguards and yes they cover the switches.

Offline Snooky

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 05:37:44 PM »
I've used Tucano Urbano 319 handlebar muffs for years on both the Tiger and before on my 1150GS, great muffs, easy to fit and have a set for sale if interested
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Offline Dazcoates

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xrt
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 08:45:01 AM »
Just an update for anyone bothered,  been using the Givi muffs now for a while , coldest temp so far has been -4'c .
With the heated grips I'm still wearing my thin summer gloves. These have got to be one of the best things I've fitted to a bike.
No problems using any of the controls or switches either.  :152:

Offline Ragtop

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 16 800 XCA
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2021, 09:35:01 AM »
I just got a set of Givi TM-421s as well, and echo Daz opinions! Fantastic and feel like theyre made to measure even with the auxiliary controls.

I have Barkbusters VPS on the bike and they fit nicely over the top, even with the extension lips installed.

My friend had some Oxford Super Muffs and they tore on his second use. He replaced with the Givis and is equally satisfied.

Offline Pusser

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 (2013)
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 09:48:31 AM »
I have the Oxford muffs and they are very comfortable.  A hole had to be made so that the mirrors can remain installed but thats not a problem.  Very toasty with heated grips.

Offline taff

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XC
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 06:52:39 PM »
I've been using a pair of the tucano urbano for a few years.

I found that the ones that don't have the material to go up the mirror stalk land up having quite a draft which makes them quite a lot less effective on really cold days.

Offline Dublin Rider

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2021, 10:52:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Pusser [+]
I have the Oxford muffs and they are very comfortable.  A hole had to be made so that the mirrors can remain installed but thats not a problem.  Very toasty with heated grips.

Are these the muffs you have Pusser ?
https://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycle/brands/oxford/handlebar_accessories/oxford_bar_end_muffs/

Thinking of biting the bullet on muffs. Years ago I got some for my first bike - YBR125. Didnt like them as it ruined the style of the bike and affected aerodynamics :008:  but those or the Tucano look decent.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch