Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyre fitters in Exeter / Devon  (Read 620 times)

Offline Petstep

• Tiger Member
Tyre fitters in Exeter / Devon
« on: November 07, 2020, 11:51:42 AM »
Can anyone recommend a bike tyre fitters in the Exeter area? My normal go-to Protyre's machine is bust so they can't fit for the next month or so.

Offline awjdthumper

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
Re: Tyre fitters in Exeter / Devon
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 01:46:16 PM »
When needed, I take mine to the same place as I get my car tyres done. Providing they are set up to handle motorcycle wheels, there shouldn't be a problem.
Suzuki GSX1400, Armstrong MT560 + collection of classic British bikes

Offline dan2604

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 09:54:29 PM »
Have you tried Bridge? They do a 'price match' to other local suppliers/fitters which is advertised on their website, although I have found that they need to be reminded of it at the time of booking. I have never found them able to match Protyre but they will reduce their initial quote if confronted with the Protyre price and you will get 5% on your loyalty card if you have one. I suppose it depends on how urgently the new tyre is needed.

Offline Petstep

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 05:05:38 PM »
So, in the end I did some work on Google and found Brian at Scoot 'n' Commute in Exeter. His price fully fitted on the bike was less than Bridge or ProTyre supply-only.

Plus he came with his van and collected/dropped off at my home. Couldn't have been easier, and a sensible price (270 Anakee Adventures front and rear)

With definitely call him first next time.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch