Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: potential returnee - remap question  (Read 807 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline paul_o

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 341
  • Bike: Roadie
  • Location: Sheffield
potential returnee - remap question
« on: November 08, 2020, 10:22:53 AM »
Morning folks

having not had an 800 since 2013, im considering another. i loved my old roadie, but preferred the grunt of the 1050 sport. That said, a mate hade the XRX and raved about it

considered signing up for a 900, but struggling to justify it - it doesnt seem significantly better than the 800 it replaces (happy to be proven wrong on this)

so to my question; whats the latest model 800 that you can access the ecu and remap?

And whos done it??
-------------------------
11 Tiger 800 Road (long gone)
13 Tiger 1050 sport (long gone)
Aprilia RSVR

Online KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8764
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: potential returnee - remap question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 04:23:01 PM »
You can now load times on all 800 years. See tuneecu for details - ie either cable or Bluetooth connection.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline paul_o

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 341
  • Bike: Roadie
  • Location: Sheffield
Re: potential returnee - remap question
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 08:35:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
You can now load times on all 800 years. See tuneecu for details - ie either cable or Bluetooth connection.
thanks KM - an old name from here i remember!

has anyone pushed the boundaries on the 800, do you know?

the guy in the US (just_peekn) did the cams and header, which was probably more than most would consider.

Anyone done anything more than the PC5 i had fitted way back when??
-------------------------
11 Tiger 800 Road (long gone)
13 Tiger 1050 sport (long gone)
Aprilia RSVR

Offline Tallpaul

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 166
  • Bike: 800XR
  • Location: Kidderminster
Re: potential returnee - remap question
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 10:16:12 AM »
Hey up lad! Do I remember you from the 1050 forum?

Offline paul_o

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 341
  • Bike: Roadie
  • Location: Sheffield
Re: potential returnee - remap question
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 12:56:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tallpaul [+]
Hey up lad! Do I remember you from the 1050 forum?
You should do - I left "Frankentune" as my legacy  :007:

How's tricks? you flipped to an 800/900 then?
-------------------------
11 Tiger 800 Road (long gone)
13 Tiger 1050 sport (long gone)
Aprilia RSVR

Online KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8764
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: potential returnee - remap question
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 12:57:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by paul_o [+]
thanks KM - an old name from here i remember!

has anyone pushed the boundaries on the 800, do you know?

the guy in the US (just_peekn) did the cams and header, which was probably more than most would consider.

Anyone done anything more than the PC5 i had fitted way back when??

Welcome back.

Some have messed with hybrid maps - taking from arrow map say and pasting into the standard tune.
I'm quite happy with using a boosterplug as a nice half way house between Standard & Arrow tunes.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Djairouks

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 807
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
  • Location: Neuchtel
Re: potential returnee - remap question
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 07:42:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Welcome back.

Some have messed with hybrid maps - taking from arrow map say and pasting into the standard tune.
I'm quite happy with using a boosterplug as a nice half way house between Standard & Arrow tunes.

Could you actually see the fuel enrichment when fueling at the pump, or is it mostly the same ?

On my Honda I put a Rapidbike Easy, it's kind of the same effect but tricking the O2 sensor and
unfortunately it's not available on 2018 Tigers.

Online KildareMan

  • Tiger Jedi
  • *****
  • Posts: 8764
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
  • Location: Naas Ireland
Re: potential returnee - remap question
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 07:52:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
Could you actually see the fuel enrichment when fueling at the pump, or is it mostly the same ?

On my Honda I put a Rapidbike Easy, it's kind of the same effect but tricking the O2 sensor and
unfortunately it's not available on 2018 Tigers.

With the standard map plus boosterplug my '11 is getting a nice 18.8km/l on a standard test route I have. Arrow tune was 16.6 km/l. As for backside dyno both are about the same. Leaving it as it is now.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Djairouks

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 807
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
  • Location: Neuchtel
Re: potential returnee - remap question
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 07:56:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
With the standard map plus boosterplug my '11 is getting a nice 18.8km/l on a standard test route I have. Arrow tune was 16.6 km/l. As for backside dyno both are about the same. Leaving it as it is now.

Damn that's an awful fuel mileage, do you go more than 120Kmh !?
I can't do worse than 20 without riding highway, maybe the gen 1 are thirstier !
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 08:00:49 PM by Djairouks »

Offline Tallpaul

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 166
  • Bike: 800XR
  • Location: Kidderminster
Re: potential returnee - remap question
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 08:16:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by paul_o [+]
You should do - I left "Frankentune" as my legacy  :007:

How's tricks? you flipped to an 800/900 then?
All good mate. I'm on a 2018 800XR, following a 12 month flirtation with a Speed Twin, now gone. Also got a 2003 Bonneville.

 


Recent Topics


winded-staunch