Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch/Brake levers  (Read 949 times)

Offline darylb

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
Clutch/Brake levers
« on: November 10, 2020, 07:42:21 PM »
Hi all, I thought this was going to be easy but obviously not. I have smallish hands and find the reach to the levers not easy, it's a 2016 xrt with cruise control, I understand that bikes with cruise have an extra bit on the clutchfor the cruise. Firms give details for most models but not the xrt, just the xr and xrx. I even asked two firms which of theit levers would fit but both said they only list those two. Has any one found a decent supplier of extendable, coloured levers which don't cost the earth. Thanks in anticipation. Daryl.

Online rozzer

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Speed Twin
Re: Clutch/Brake levers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 07:56:48 PM »

Take a look at Evotech Performance,they do very nice folding levers.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 08:05:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by darylb [+]
Firms give details for most models but not the xrt, just the xr and xrx.

The XRt is the same bike, I often refer to the XRx for accessories as it is the next model level down (Xr may not have cruise control?) from the XRt which simply has some more factory fitted extras like heated seats, heated grips, fog lights, that's all. XRt levers are the same as XRx.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline darylb

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 10:11:43 PM »
Thankyoi, great help. :152:

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 11:06:27 PM »
Go world of triumph web site for an example, look at the parts list for xrx make note of the part number for the brake lever for the xrx and then compare that part number to the xrt if the same then part number the chances are that they are same brake lever. I have done this several times for various parts/accessories and it always worked for me.
No matter how bad your day is your BIKE will always make you feel better.

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 800
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 08:38:08 AM »
I've got a pair of Triumph "Short" levers that I had fitted to my XRX, with C.C. and they worked ok.
Lying in the garage now, no longer use them

Offline darylb

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 09:06:39 AM »
Thanks but looking for long levers, probably in red to go with the bike.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 10:09:26 AM »
There are various levers out there from cheap Chinese ones, which lots of members use no problem, to quite expensive. I went for German levers (not cheap) as they have been TUV quality approved and had 3yrs warranty. Also wanted folding ones after my bike laid down and snapped the clutch lever off. The ones I got are not 'short' ones but are actually a couple of cms shorter than standard but are actually the perfect length just clearing the outside of the handguard.

These are the folding ones I bought but you can find the other styles. I went for red with black adjusters, as you can mix and match any colour lever with any colour adjuster. Delivery was pretty quick from Germany.
https://www.motea.com/en/brake-lever-and-clutch-lever-set-safety-triumph-tiger-800-xr-15-19-v-trec-foldable-116893-0

Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015XC
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 12:41:31 AM »
Fwiw, I bought EVO1 levers a few month back (Evotech) and whilst they stated that they fit a 15 XCx Tiger they didn't come with the Tang for the clutch.

As a result I lost the Fuel Gauge and Cruise Control.

So the model I got had extendable / fold able levers. I had to fit the std long unit until I got a fix strategy.

Whilst the distributor offered  me a full refund/return I decided to negotiate a significant discount and then modified the lever to suit the switch. See picture

Advised the distributor that they need to put notices on the site and let people know that technically is does not suit the purpose.... similarly I explained I went for a brand name through a well known local supplier and that it was disappointing that they did not adequately understand the product.

ps, I really didn't like the extendable lever system as it leaves a significant void on the blade where it expands and your fingers grip, so I fitted a long strip of shrink wrap to cover up the edge/gap.

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015XC
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 12:49:27 AM »
So that is a small piece of aluminium maybe 1/8 inch, bent over and trimmed. Modeled on the standard lever and set at a slight angle so that as the lever comes in the tang moves across the switch pin. The 2 very small self taper screws have torx heads which made tightening much easier... best to test on another piece of Aluminium first with drill size coz breaking the self taper in the lever face would have been very awkward.

The Fuel gauge returned immediately but it took me a while to realise that when doing some other work at the same time in iso I had inadvertently upset the foot brake light switch spring. Thanks to a mate who realised that my brake light was on and once readjusted the cruise now works also.

Recent Topics