Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Did anyone DIY install the OEM Quickshifter to their 2020 Tiger 900?  (Read 433 times)

Offline DFW900GTRider

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT
I am talking about the OEM Quick shifter (part number A9770186). Based on Triumph instructions site, it seems like it is not a difficult installation, but was wondering if someone did this in real life and are there any additional gotchas?

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 800
Re: Did anyone DIY install the OEM Quickshifter to their 2020 Tiger 900?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:56:07 AM »
Hi, I had one installed on my GT on delivery, works great btw, best quickshifter I've used..
Looks straight forward fitting mechanically , but plugging into where? and I don't know if anything needs done ECU wise... sorry..

Offline DFW900GTRider

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 03:03:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by mcinlb [+]
Hi, I had one installed on my GT on delivery, works great btw, best quickshifter I've used..
Looks straight forward fitting mechanically , but plugging into where? and I don't know if anything needs done ECU wise... sorry..

Yeah... ECU-wise, the only thing that needs to be done (as far as I know) is enable the quick shifter option in bike settings (it's in the menu, actually, and interestingly, it was enabled by default when I bought the bike and dealer disabled it as I was taking delivery).

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 03:46:49 PM »
This might be a stumbling block...(from the install instructions)...
Enable the TSA using the Triumph Diagnostic Tool, as described in the Service Manual.

You may also have to setup the adaptations for the TSA, which requires the diagnostic tool. I don't have access to a 900 so can't do any tinkering to figure out how difficult this might be to duplicate.

On the Tiger 1200 a specific 'Triumph Shift Assist' tune/map also has to be loaded but it doesn't look like the case with the 900 as there are no specific tunes/maps listed.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Rickscotland

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 GT
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 05:37:07 PM »
We had one fitted by the dealer and they had to enable it in two places, one on the menu in the tft dash, but also using their diagnostic kit so I guess its not an option for a diy install. :431:

Offline DFW900GTRider

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 08:03:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rickscotland [+]
We had one fitted by the dealer and they had to enable it in two places, one on the menu in the tft dash, but also using their diagnostic kit so I guess its not an option for a diy install. :431:

That's interesting! The instructions manual simply says:

For more information on enabling and disabling the
Triumph Shift Assist functionality, see the Triumph
Shift Assist section in the Instrument chapter of the
Owner's Handbook.

And the manual basically says go and enable it in the TFT bike menu.   :187:

Offline Rickscotland

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 GT
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 09:50:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by DFW900GTRider [+]
That's interesting! The instructions manual simply says:

And the manual basically says go and enable it in the TFT bike menu.   :187:

But I suspect the enable/disable via the tft instructions is only pertinent once the system has been fitted and switched on by the triumph dealer. I know when our dealer first fitted the system they couldnt get it to work as even they hadnt realised it had to be switched on with their diagnostic kit as well as the tft enable.  :027:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch