Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What tyres  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: What tyres
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2021, 02:51:09 PM »
I used 'ride in ride out about 4.5yrs ago for the OEM tyres and the charge was 18/$25 per wheel .... hence I now take them off myself and take the opportunity to check the wheel bearings, etc. and save money.

Also another help (Europe I expect) it is quite common for the likes of Michelin to offer a 30-50 cash back on a pair of fitted tyres. I see that Avon are currently offering 30 cash back on a set of Avon Trailriders, Trekrider and some others until 31st August and Metzeler are offering a pre-paid 40 credit card on a pair of Roadtec 01's and some others.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2021, 04:15:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
When I rang the dealer said straight away that the Tiger really needed the 'Trail' to suit the weight of the bike which is how I view it. Had they not immediately admitted screwing up and immediately arranged changing and been blas about it I would have settled for the 'Road', especially if they said it would be another week to get the tyre, but my expectations of mileage would have been lower than the 'Trail' version. Similarly as I posted elsewhere how being supplied 'Road R5' rears (twice) instead of 'Trail R5' (that they couldn't source at the time) the front R5 Trail lasted through both rear 'Road' tyres. :027:

Mmhh sorry to say but I believe this dealer is telling you nonsense, just checked the continental website and the mounts for a 800 xrt, give the road and the trail attack tires, absolutely no mention of some weight issue either, both tires have the exact same load and speed code.
Besides the road attack are sport touring tires, not sportbike, so weight argument does not stand.

However you are right in thinking the trail will give you more mileage, from my research they have more thread depth.

My Michelins are starting to bother me, it's raining like crazy for 3 days and they really don't like white lines or pedestrian walks in the wet !

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte' ......... By Skill and by Fighting
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 05:29:10 PM »
To be honest I actually expected the dealer to try to persuade me to just go with the 'Road' to avoid the extra unpaid task of them swopping them over, it was them stating I did need it swopped out to the 'Trail' on a Tiger. :027:
However at the end of the day I opted for the Adventure Tourer designed 'Trail' version based on recent member reviews and press reviews, ordered 'Trail', expected 'Trail' and now have 'Trail', so all good as far as I'm concerned. :028:
.... I'll probably hate them now. :005: :008:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 07:02:38 PM »
Based on that video review, I went with Bridgestone AX41's as an experiment and am now about 600 miles in.

Great grip on road, confidence inspiring on gravel (havent had them properly off road yet).

RBW.

Online chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2021, 10:33:20 PM »
I rode for about 80 miles wearing my new tires today. What a difference! Took it easy for the first 50 miles so as to get wear off the mold release on the surface of the tires. Became more aggressive on the way home and was impressed. I know that new tires are usually better than the previous worn hoops but I can tell these babies will be great.

Chico

Offline HansTiger800

• Tiger Member
  • Dutch Biker
  • Bike: 800 XRX white
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2021, 11:37:05 AM »
Riding on Trail Attack3 ; absolutely amazing good tyres.
Before on a GS550, GS750, GS1000, ST100 (x2), ST1300. Now on a TIGER 800 XRX
cheers
JJB

Recent Topics