Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: XC fork bushes  (Read 199 times)

Offline fairwaysflyer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
XC fork bushes
« on: November 17, 2020, 08:20:38 AM »
Hi,
Advice again please guys.  A while back , probably about a year, I started getting a chatter from the front end of my 2011 XC. It has now done 40 k miles.
To begin with I thought it was the head bearings and checked the adjustment but all ok there.  It was finally diagnosed as fork bushes. My local guy kept saying he couldnt get the bushes so in the end I bought the bushes and seals and did it myself.
However when I went to drive in the lower bush it dropped straight in and the chatter is still there!
So ,do I have to cough up 300 plus for a new XC fork tube or .........?
Are there oversize fork bushes?
Any advice please!

Offline D6864

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White XC
Re: XC fork bushes
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 09:25:16 AM »
Genuine Triumph bushes or aftermarket? I had the opposite problem with aftermarket - they were too tight a fit in the fork tube but the Triumph parts were perfect.

Offline fairwaysflyer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 12:15:41 PM »
They were genuine Triumph.
World of Triumph is just down the road from me.
Thought genuine was the way to go!

Offline D6864

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White XC
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 02:33:52 PM »
Have you ridden far on it with the new bushes? They might feel better after oil has circulated properly, mine certainly needed this after an oil change without doing the bushes or seals.

Failing that, there's this: Stiction-Tuning Late 70s to Early 80s Japanese Forks In Three Simple Steps which another user tried successfully on here.

Recent Topics