Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Switched power supply  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Have a cup of tea

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Pro
Tiger 900 Switched power supply
« on: November 21, 2020, 06:50:18 PM »
Anyone found a switched (not external) power supply on the tiger that you can add accessories to without upsetting the Canbus.

Ir is it a case of hooking up breaking into the accessory socket wiring.
Bikes
Tiger Rally Pro
Ex 800 XC owner ( the original silver frame)
Puzey XTR-4 300 Enduro

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 900GT
Re: Tiger 900 Switched power supply
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 08:41:04 AM »
900GT - I was about to start looking for the same, under the phone holder/charger unit there's a small unused plug(GT) that has 2 red / 1 black wires, was going to check it out to see if it is a switched supply for "Pro" model.
Other than that the under seat accessory socket is switched, so may just piggy back on that..

Offline Have a cup of tea

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Pro
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 09:23:10 PM »
Decide to go down the power distribution route direct from battery, with a trigger. to hopefully avoind CANBUS issues.

None of the fuses near the battery seem switched, though the relay next to them has one suitable for a trigger supply,however it has a 10 sec delay on it. Which means what ever is hooked up to it will stay on for that period after switching the bike off.

Removing the fuses to check gave an engine management light which initially would not go away, even with the standard 3 no fault stop/starts. Had to clear with an OBDII scanner, have e feeling if you don't have one Triumph would charge a fortune to clear.
Bikes
Tiger Rally Pro
Ex 800 XC owner ( the original silver frame)
Puzey XTR-4 300 Enduro

Offline Sixer58

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Rally
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 10:03:18 AM »
Hi guys, Ive had my sat nav on a constant feed on my tiger rally pro, but I found an article in the Xmas MCN, advertising a box from a company called Healtech. This thunder box wires to your battery, then you wire your accessories into that. Bingo! Its now on a switched feed, and no problems with canbus. So Ive ordered one, and will post pictures etc when its installed

Online rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 07:54:06 PM »
Just a build based on my recent experiences of installing a PDM60 power distribution module which has three connections to the bike, battery positive, negative and switched live.

The switched live I used was one going to the phone holder under the seat (Tiger 900 Rally Pro), but theses switched live circuits only pump out 2v whilst the ignition is on and engine not started.  I tested a couple of switched circuits and they were all the same.

Once you start the bike, then you get the full 12v.

This means the 2v isnt enough to tell the PDM60 that the ignition is on.  I dont mind this, as it just means the accessories don't boot up (if the PDM60 is configured as switched live) until the engine is actually on.  You can also put a delay on the circuits in the PDM60, but that delay won't start until the engine is actually running, not when the ignition is on but the engine isnt.

P.S. it still needs tidying up...

RBW.

Online rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 08:09:44 PM »
I've hit another issue now, but think the following thread answers it, this all seems to be due to the nature of how Can Bus works.  When I turn the bike off, there is no delay in switching the circuits off even though I have programmed a 300 second delay.  I need to dig around and find a 'better' switched live I suspect, but won't rush as it's not a major issue.

https://www.k1600forum.com/threads/pdm-60-lesson-learned-ignition-trigger-delay-off-timer.101817/

RBW.

Offline Sixer58

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 05:02:40 PM »
Have finally got round to wiring in my healtech thunder box into my Rally Pro, and also wired into it a new mount for a zumo 595lm. It all works perfect now, firing the sat nav up when the engine is running, and switching the nav off 5 seconds after the engine is switched off. Together with a touratech mount, the set up is now spot on

Offline Charleston

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XCX
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 09:00:12 PM »
How did you run wires to the front? Under the tank? Any instructions for removing the tank? Searching here hasn't helped.

Many thanks,
Joe

Offline Sixer58

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 09:16:46 PM »
I ran the wires from the zumo mount down the right hand side of the frame and tank, and removed the panel behind the tank, with the decals on. It was quite easy really, you shouldnt have any problems if you do it

Offline Charleston

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: XCX
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 09:31:16 PM »
You're right-piece of cake. Many thanks-now I have no excuse for getting lost.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch