Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Daytime Running Lights on Tiger 900 GT Pro  (Read 1126 times)

Offline jpender69

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
Daytime Running Lights on Tiger 900 GT Pro
« on: November 23, 2020, 12:55:44 PM »
I'm getting to know my new GT Pro and reading the manual came across a DRL switch.  But it doesn't exist on my bike? I assumed the GT Pro would have had all road options on it.  Could this be a UK vs US difference (I'm in the US)?  Not a big deal but do riders in the UK have a DRL switch on their GT Pros?

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
Re: Daytime Running Lights on Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 03:07:52 PM »
I was involved in a bit of discussion with a guy in the USA last week about DRLs on the 800 XRt. (Cant remember if it was on this Forum or on the Tiger 800 & 900 Riders Facebook group.) Anyway, the outcome was that DRLs are fitted to the UK 800 XRt but not to the USA version. Its quite likely that the same applies to the 900 GT Pro.

Offline Worty28

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT LRH
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 03:17:04 PM »
if the US laws are anything like the Canadian motorcycle laws we have to have all light on when the bike is running.  Can't be able to turn them off so that's why we don't have the DRL switch on our bikes.

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 03:19:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fazer [+]
Its quite likely that the same applies to the 900 GT Pro.

:0461:

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline jpender69

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 03:22:39 PM »
Yes, that must be it, no DRL option in the US, headlights are always on.  Thanks all for the replies.

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 03:26:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Worty28 [+]
if the US laws are anything like the Canadian motorcycle laws we have to have all light on when the bike is running.  Can't be able to turn them off so that's why we don't have the DRL switch on our bikes.

Same in the UK, I cant turn off the lights on my 2019 800 XRt but do have the option of DRLs or dipped/full headlights. I dont know when it was introduced in the EU but I havent owned a bike in the last 20 years where I could switch off the lights.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:28:41 PM by Fazer »

Offline rubbertoe

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger 800 xca
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 03:52:06 PM »
My 2019 xca has switched drls but they only work with low beam. It's a pain, I only want them on at night where it's dark. I manage to ride with them on with low beam and have to hold down the red high beam flasher.  :003:

Offline Have a cup of tea

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Orange XC
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 03:54:39 PM »
With the Rally Pro (UK)

1) DRL on, the headlight switch then acts as a flash/pass. Oddly you cannot have the Aux lights on with just the DRL
2) Main lights on the DRL dims a bit and the Aux lights can be used. the main beam light switch toggles main / dip no flash.

Bikes
Tiger Rally Pro
Ex 800 XC owner ( the original silver frame)
Puzey XTR-4 300 Enduro

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 03:55:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fazer [+]
I was involved in a bit of discussion with a guy in the USA last week about DRLs on the 800 XRt. (Cant remember if it was on this Forum or on the Tiger 800 & 900 Riders Facebook group.) Anyway, the outcome was that DRLs are fitted to the UK 800 XRt but not to the USA version. Its quite likely that the same applies to the 900 GT Pro.

IMO :027: - Part of the issue is that rarely do I see these lights (as on the XRt) being referred too as what they are and are meant for, not DRLs but 'FOG' lights and as such are switched for use, strangely enough, in fog and hence low beam only, not permanently switched on as DRLs which I know lots like to use them as.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 04:06:01 PM »
Fit Barkbusters handguards and their DRL leds to the plastics.

Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Recent Topics

winded-staunch