Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 6 months in ..........  (Read 3270 times)

Online JW

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: 6 months in ..........
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 01:28:58 PM »
Hi Fazer
The liveried bikes are available at our base but by using my own bike, I can "work from home" which is convenient for our Surrey hospitals.  I also have a couple of magnetic signs that just about fit on the tank or car when required (I once had a hospital requiring 5 boxes of product).

Like you, hi-vis etc can only be worn when on duty or official business but for us that includes home to home, even if I stopped to swap for a liveried bike.  Our fleet is predominantly Yamaha FJR's but we do have an older Tiger 800 that is still in use. Blues and twos although fitted, are not allowed to be used.

2018 Tiger 800 XRx Gen 3 Blue

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 01:46:00 PM »
Hi JW,

Do you mean that blue lights even on your liveried bikes cannot be used? We do use blue lights but only when the job has been specifically designated as an emergency by the doctor requesting it. In 5 years Ive only had 3 blue light jobs but we cant break any traffic laws so it can be confusing for members of the public when we dont cross red lights or break speed limits. It means you have to be very discerning about the situations where you actually switch on the blues.

We have Pan Europeans, FJRs, 1200RTs and F800GTs. An old photo of me on one of our Pans.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 01:58:40 PM by Fazer »

Offline deefer45

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2020, 11:56:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by JW [+]
What I've fitted/done
- Mr Harrison front indicator relocation

Not heard of this, what is it and do you have a link to a thread or pictures?

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 08:47:00 AM »
A guy called Terry Harrison on the Tiger 800 and 900 Riders Facebook group has produced a kit for relocating the indicators to either side of the headlight. This modification removes the risk of damage to the indicators and the fairing parts on which they are mounted if the bike goes over. The kit includes all of the parts you need as well as replacement illuminated inserts to fit in the holes left when the indicators are moved from their OEM position.

There are regular postings about the kit on the Facebook group and a quick search brought up this one. Although its a bit old it should get you started if you want to investigate further.
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=10159217494193115

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2020, 03:47:25 PM »
Link didn't work for me ... reports broken link or page removed.  :027:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2020, 04:38:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Link didn't work for me ... reports broken link or page removed.  :027:

Its possible that you may have to join the group in order to view any messages. If you dont want to join the group then let me know by a post on here and I will send you Terry Harrisons email address by PM.

EDIT - better still here is a link to a Dropbox location where Terry has posted a PDF file about his kit. That PDF includes a link so that you can email him if you wish to purchase a kit or request more information.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/434nmxbjcr51dla/Tiger%20indicator%20relocators%20v.5%2003.09.20.pdf?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR1wpIqSftpGvln56ZtB8kIHJMvYgnP5lDcYNHgS47pOTWgC_qhHV6Y1CAQ
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 04:50:07 PM by Fazer »

Offline sullivs

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCX
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2021, 08:02:28 PM »
Very interesting job.  Must be fulfilling knowing you are helping people while enjoying the ride.
Steve

1975 Trident
2017 Street Cup
2018 Tiger XCX

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2021, 09:16:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by sullivs [+]
Very interesting job.  Must be fulfilling knowing you are helping people while enjoying the ride.

I think you're from the USA, Sullivs so probably don't realise that being a Blood Biker in the UK is not a job. We are all volunteers who give up our time freely to help support our NHS by providing a courier service during times when official NHS Couriers are not on duty. That means we operate overnight Mon-Thurs then provide continuous cover from Fri night until Mon morning. We also provide continuous cover during holiday times such as right now over the Xmas/New Year period.

Offline sullivs

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCX
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2021, 11:01:51 PM »
Oh, I understand now.  Thanks for filling me in on that.
Steve

1975 Trident
2017 Street Cup
2018 Tiger XCX

Recent Topics