Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: raising the low version  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Marios73

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Xrx lhr
Re: raising the low version
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 07:25:23 PM »
Thank you for your time !!!!!!!

Offline clff

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 08:20:42 PM »
Hi i have just upgraded the front of mine by Race Pace suspension Damion Bailey He works for KTM Moto GP  the LRH spring 55lb strength which is too weak so he put in the normal XRX which is 75lb strength in and  re valued it but had too take 40mm of the shims to get them to fit They don,t make or could not get them for LRH. I dare say you could get some made but costing i would not know As for the ride night and day and he fitted a maxton on the back . Luggage not a problem any more. Hope this helps cliff

cliff

Offline Marios73

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Xrx lhr
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2020, 10:25:06 PM »
Yes it helps a lot!!!
As I understand you did not change the damping rod , only the spring.
Which is the reason it could not fit as xrx has longer spring.
The outer tube ( black part) and the slide pipe are the same ? Am I correct?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 10:30:39 PM by Marios73 »

Offline pme

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: xrx lrh 2018
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 01:38:12 PM »
Hi clff

Can you put a ball park figure on the front fork rebuild?
Thanks
Chris
Also DRZ400sm for forest tracks, previous bikes:- Honda SS50, BSA 250SS80, Yamaha RD125, Yamaha TY250, Honda CBR600, Honda Africa Twin XRV750, Kawasaki KMX200, Kawasaki KDX200, Kawasaki KLX250

Offline clff

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »
Hi what Damion did at first was kept the original springs in and re valved tried it and it was still diving to much so i said to him upgrade the springs this where the problems started as said before there are skims in the bottom of each leg to take short spring thus length lower ride height to upgrade the short spring he could not find unless you pay for custom spring even then i don,t think they do make such a thing so he decided to take the or cut the shims down 40mm then he could buy the upgrade spring for standard XRX which they make as said the LRH is 55lb spring the other is 75lb i think you can go more but this was good for my weight then re valved them again slowing oil return etc (This is where he new his stuff i don,t lol) all to my weight. To improve it more the maxton went on set for my weight as well top box. The best thing i have done to the bike by far now both front and back are balance and smooth it sits well under acceleration and under braking hard the back helps the front out not diving and the back you can adjust to the finer points also being a short arse you lower the front yolk at top maybe 1.5mm turns in slightly better and more feel under braking something you have to work out. So luggage wise i don, see a problem.
Price wise 450 but he done mine twice Hope this helps ps it,s worth it and get some one who know,s this stuff very important all the best cliff       
cliff

Offline clff

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 07:35:34 PM »
Hi sorry just re valved the stems
Cliff
cliff

Recent Topics