Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best Dolly  (Read 2017 times)

Offline TIger Lad

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT PRO
Re: Best Dolly
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 01:06:05 PM »
I have a grey painted garage floor and I use a 18"x"18 carpet tile up side down, put bike on main stand centre of tile push rear end down so that front wheel is of the ground and always pull backwards so it doesn't roll forward of stand and rotate bike, been doing it for years like that even with the 1200 I had.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 01:08:09 PM by TIger Lad »
No matter how bad your day is your BIKE will always make you feel better.

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 01:40:02 PM »
I have a 2020 GTP. I attempted to balance the bike on the side stand, but immediately noticed that the weight was too much for the stand, and was clearly going to snap. This may be due to it being aluminium? I did not try anymore

Offline Adey Bee

• Tiger Master
  • Must change that Avatar, new one is white
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 04:33:17 PM »
if you have a very smooth floor and a center stand its a doddle to spin.
Bandit 1250, Tiger 800 XC, Tiger 800 XCA, Tiger 800XRT

Offline Pusser

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 (2013)
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 09:32:45 AM »
I made a small turntable from two pieces of steel, cut into circles, bolted together with grease between the plates.  At the time I had an ST1300 and the system worked well with the centrestand.  A chum manufactures powered car turntables and began making manual ones for bikes.  He gave me one and it is far superior to my homemade affair.  A centre stand is required of course.  The firm is EasyTurn and the turntables are available via both Amazon and EBay.

Recent Topics