Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Retrofit navigation for 2017-2019 800's  (Read 4088 times)

Offline dragon88

• Tiger Member
Re: Retrofit navigation for 2017-2019 800's
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 11:10:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by coddy [+]
I am struggling to comprehend why anyone would retrofit this. If you wanted it for the navigation then a tomtom or garmin would be 10 times better and a similar price, if you wanted it for smart phone connectivity then a Sena or similar would be better and cheaper.

A 2nd hand tomtom/garmin and a new Sena would be about the same price and infinitely more useful.

Agreed. Waste of money. Cant imagine using this in 3rd world countries. A cheap Android phone for Nav is more than enough.

Offline JW

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 09:57:02 AM »
I was quoted 350 to fit.  Apparently the Bluetooth unit is 243 + vat plus about an hours labour to install.  It takes an additional hour (non-chargeable) to download and install the software.

My phone holder cost 15 plus a bit of home made bar and an additional 15 for the din-usb plug / cable so that leave me 300 in the pocket.  Hmmmmm.
2018 Tiger 800 XRx Gen 3 Blue

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 11:13:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by coddy [+]
I am struggling to comprehend why anyone would retrofit this. If you wanted it for the navigation then a tomtom or garmin would be 10 times better and a similar price, if you wanted it for smart phone connectivity then a Sena or similar would be better and cheaper.

A 2nd hand tomtom/garmin and a new Sena would be about the same price and infinitely more useful.

*Originally Posted by JW [+]
I was quoted 350 to fit.  Apparently the Bluetooth unit is 243 + vat plus about an hours labour to install.  It takes an additional hour (non-chargeable) to download and install the software.

My phone holder cost 15 plus a bit of home made bar and an additional 15 for the din-usb plug / cable so that leave me 300 in the pocket.  Hmmmmm.

.... and when you suddenly, 3, 6, 12 months later decide you want a change of bike .... well that Garmin, Tom-Tom, phone, etc. simply moves with you.
If the integrated system comes as standard on a bike fair enough but the appeal of the relatively expensive retrofit route ... pass.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics