Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Tyre change  (Read 1457 times)

Offline chris89

• Tiger Member
Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Tyre change
« on: December 23, 2020, 02:54:53 PM »
Hi all,

I've just purchased a set of Anakee Wilds for my rally pro and have decided I will remove the wheels myself and take them to the shop so they can change the tyres.

The thing is, has anyone removed the wheels of their tiger 900's yet? The rear wheel seems slightly different to the Tiger 800....  The front wheel seems pretty straight forward (loosen bolts, remove callipers done...). On the rear, im planning not to touch chain adjusters but the calliper does not seem to come off the same way as the 800...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Tyre change
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 05:42:28 PM »
Just to let you know i use Protyre in Enfield on the A10. Resonable prices.

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 06:13:24 PM »
Hi, I'm just about to do exactly the same (take loose wheels to a tyre place), and was wondering the same thing.

I've seen youtube video's for the 800, but nothing for the 900 yet. If you beat me too it, will you take a couple of photo's and put it here ?

If I get around to ordering some tyres I'll do the same, but struggling to get Pirelli STR's.

RBW.

Offline chico

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 05:04:00 AM »
Chris, how do you plan not to move the chain adjusters and remove the rear axle? You have to loosen the adjuster bolts/fittings in order to extract the axle. I doubt that the adjusters won't move when pulling out the axle. :087:

Chico

Offline VicXCrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 12:51:48 PM »
I removed the rear tyre on my 900 the other week not much different to the 800, removed the axle, then the chain adjusters, move the wheel forward, moved the chain off to the left and then the brake caliper will come out be careful not to mark the rim as you work the caliper out also worth removing the wheel spacers to give you a bit more room. I also keep a lever or wood under the rear tyre to stop it dropping to far causing the rear caliper to jam on the wheel rim edge.

I hope this helps   John

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 03:35:24 PM »
Can someone confirm front and rear socket/hex sizes ?

I assume front is 17mm hex socket, and rear when measured is about 28mm, but I've seen reference to 27mm for the 800 so just wanted to check ?

TIA

RBW.

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 05:07:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by rainbow-walker [+]
Can someone confirm front and rear socket/hex sizes ?

I assume front is 17mm hex socket, and rear when measured is about 28mm, but I've seen reference to 27mm for the 800 so just wanted to check ?

TIA

RBW.

27 - there is a piss-willy wrench with extension included in the OEM toolkit - just for use in an emergency
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 05:09:34 PM by Q »
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 05:37:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Q [+]
27 - there is a piss-willy wrench with extension included in the OEM toolkit - just for use in an emergency

Thanks, love the description of the wrench.  :008:

Interestingly my toolkit didnt seem to have that, just a couple of small spanners, allen keys and a screwdriver. Not that I'm worried as new sockets on order.  :028:

RBW.

Offline VicXCrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 07:37:21 PM »
Yes the 900 tool kit is rather light on useful tools.

To remove the 900 wheels I used the same tools as for the 2016 XRT

John

Recent Topics

winded-staunch