Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Any dealer suggestions?  (Read 824 times)

Offline sullivs

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCX
Any dealer suggestions?
« on: December 23, 2020, 03:24:53 PM »
Hello all,

Anyone in the States have a dealer in mind that has good prices on OEM parts?  Online or otherwise?  I recently had an offroad excursion go bad on my Tiger and I busted up the headlight assy.  My local dealer quoted me a price of over $500.00 for the replacement assembly.  They are well-versed on vintage things, but not so much on the "modern" Triumphs.

Thanks much,
Steve

1975 Trident
2017 Street Cup
2018 Tiger XCX

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Any dealer suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 03:50:00 PM »
Is this any help ..... San Jose, CA? Remembered it from past discussions and found the post with link using search.  :002:

https://mattgeckoleds.com/shop/ols/products/led-headlight-triumph-tiger-800-1200
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline sullivs

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 09:23:16 PM »
Thanks, Stevie.P,

I will check them out.

Merry Christmas!
Steve

1975 Trident
2017 Street Cup
2018 Tiger XCX

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 05:42:32 AM »
My favorite Triumph dealer is:

https://www.baxtercycle.com/

In Marne Iowa.
I don't know how they are on parts prices but they recently built a new store building for Triumph and seem to be cycle-aware and up-to-speed.
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline sullivs

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 05:51:33 AM »
Thanks AvgBear,

Baxter is my go-to for all things technical on vintage Triumphs.  I will give them a try on my new modern one.

I appreciate the tip.
Steve

1975 Trident
2017 Street Cup
2018 Tiger XCX

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 11:17:50 AM »
I can't say for the USA obviously but here in the UK, as can be seen by the 2 online parts catalogues we all tend to use, W of T and Fowlers, all the dealers work off the same parts lists with prices set by Triumph and usually very rare to get more than the likes of 10% discount (unless end of line sale) as the dealer margin on cost from Triumph is normally around 33%.

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline sullivs

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 02:24:41 PM »
Thanks again for those comments, Stevie.P,

Yes, I actually use those two websites for their great parts catalogues.  WOT seems to be very user-friendly, at least to me, and a great resource to view how things go together.

Maybe I was just hoping, but I agree, there aren't too many places to find everyday discount parts.  There is one dealer in California that will give a 10% discount, if you purchase more than $500 worth of goods.  But, for the run-of-the-mill stuff, I'm not usually purchasing that many parts. 

I didn't realize  the mark-up was 33%.  Not that I'm going to do anything with that, but it's interesting to know just the same.

Take care!
Steve

1975 Trident
2017 Street Cup
2018 Tiger XCX

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
... as the dealer margin on cost from Triumph is normally around 33%.

Sorry, that sounded 'Triumph' specific but it was a generalisation based on auto spares when I worked auto trade. :002:

Recent Topics