Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best Long Haul Seat  (Read 1803 times)

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: Best Long Haul Seat
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2020, 05:59:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Linc [+]
...longer trips 3 to 5 hours of riding
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
...should I ever need to do 18hr non-stop days in the saddle.
This company:

https://day-long.com/
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2020, 08:38:17 AM »
I can't speak for the comfort of later models (perhaps Triumph made some changes?) but the Mk1 800's standard seat is the most comfortable bike seat I've ever used. I can ride for several very long days without fatigue. The same can't be said of the seats on my Mk1 & Mk3 Explorers (1200).

Maybe members who've owned each generation of Tiger 800 can answer my question of whether the seat designs have changed over the last 10 years.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2020, 02:21:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
I can't speak for the comfort of later models (perhaps Triumph made some changes?) but the Mk1 800's standard seat is the most comfortable bike seat I've ever used.

The only thing I would clearly say (IMO) is (Mk2) that the XRx standard fitted 'comfort' seat, which was the test ride bike I had, is definitely more comfortable than the (harder) standard heated XRt seat I actually ended up owning.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch