Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Cutting the pillion pegs, 800xc 2011?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Rorut

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
Cutting the pillion pegs, 800xc 2011?
« on: December 25, 2020, 08:44:26 PM »
Anyone that did this mod? Any ideas on detachable pillion pegs instead?

Offline rantanplan

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XC 800 2018
Re: Cutting the pillion pegs, 800xc 2011?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 12:56:34 PM »
Have NOT done the mode, (just searing thoughts)
 i did a lot of thinking, and searching here i had found a draw of someone(sorry can't remember the name) that he was also considering that, and he did this draw for cutting,
Thinking of a way to make them removable, and also ''replaceable'', i thought that a machined Alu part with holes for screws that could be inserted betwen the parts that had been cut, will do the work
As i told you that's just my thoughts that i didn't move on

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 01:01:03 PM by rantanplan »

Offline crispey

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800 thrux
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 10:16:27 AM »
n UK, I believe that if you have a dual seat you have to have pegs for the pillion if fitted at the factory as standard or it's an MOT failure, then again on the Gov website on the diagram of things to check it just points to the front ones.

Offline romanrick

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800xc
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 03:39:50 PM »
This is true, my Sprint RS was recently failed because I had removed the pillion pegs for re-painting, luckily I was able to re-fit them for an MOT pass the same day.

Online Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »
It seems illogical to require rear pegs to be fitted, especially as theyre easily removable on the 900 and promoted as a feature. A lot of people pull them off their Street Triples and I removed them from my Street Scrambler. These all bolt off, and I guess it makes more sense theyd have a problem with you cutting the frame to do it.
@romanrick Funny you mention removing them on your Sprint RS for painting. I did the same thing with mine - painted them black.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 12:29:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Aussie Tiger [+]
A lot of people pull them off their Street Triples ...

Which is why Triumph did an official rear seat cowl (and for other models) to cover the passenger seat, for those effectively forming a cafe racer. I logically think the (UK) rule is to prevent passengers being carried with their feet flailing around and possibly into the rear wheel spokes.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch