Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Racking  (Read 999 times)

Offline nolly

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2014 Tiger 800
Racking
« on: December 27, 2020, 10:25:37 AM »
Merry Christmas all,
Now the big man has been and gone, my head is full of where to go next year and how to get it sorted
Is there a rack available to purchase that will keep my Oxford soft panniers away from the exhaust on my Tiger 800. I dont trust them not to slip below the heat shield and melt
Thanks in advance
Nolly

Offline samsgrandad

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 roadie
Re: Racking
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 01:11:22 PM »
Probably the best are the Givi PLR6401, these are quickly removable so you don't have to have the framework fitted if you are not using panniers. Also you should be able to fix the Oxford pannier to the frames.

Offline Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 03:11:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by samsgrandad [+]
Probably the best are the Givi PLR6401, these are quickly removable so you don't have to have the framework fitted if you are not using panniers. Also you should be able to fix the Oxford pannier to the frames.

agree - have those fitted and have been using them with soft panniers for the past 2 years - no problems or heat damage

must admit I never bother to take the racks off - nice bit of extra protection and it provides a workable lifting angle when I have to pick the bike up (again) after the inevitable off
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Online Pizzarepairman

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRX
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 03:33:19 PM »
Now superceded by the PLR6409, but you may find PLR6401 on the second hand marketplaces

Offline ccmp

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015 800 xca
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 06:57:32 AM »
I have PLR6401 for sale if it suits.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch