Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crash bars  (Read 2341 times)

Offline MitchFT

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Xcx
Re: Crash bars
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 12:35:51 PM »
I 100% recommend the Heed bars. I had mine on its side when putting it on the centre stand after cleaning and the bars paid for themselves there and then, saved me a fortune instead of buying new plastics. Just a couple of scuffs on the bars and a few choice words to myself. 

Offline Miles Prower

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 xrx
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 09:43:46 PM »
So I found this video
/>
Seems pretty straightforward,  where does the part about plastic plugs come into it?

Offline Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 02:33:35 AM »
The threaded holes that the mounting bolts screw into come from the factory with plastic dust covers. These need to be removed (obviously) but the message you were being given above was that its easier to screw them out than pry them out, and theres a few ways you can go about doing that. Thats all.
Ive generally used the point of a blade to push it round or a small screwdriver. Making a slot as suggested would make a relatively easy job even easier.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 02:36:46 AM by Aussie Tiger »

Offline SeamusW

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRX
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 08:23:56 PM »
I installed the Outback Motortek crash bars I got over the winter last weekend.  Install was pretty straight forward although removing (and reinstalling) the upper engine through bolts is a bit of a beast.  Really happy with how they look and wrap around the bike.  And seem super beefy should do the job.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 08:26:37 PM by SeamusW »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch