Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 Tiger issue - Gap in rear panel fitment  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
2020 Tiger issue - Gap in rear panel fitment
« on: January 02, 2021, 12:28:19 PM »
I have recently found a problem with my new Tiger. Since publicly airing my views on Facebook, I am alarmed to find that there are many more cases of concern. Some of these are quite a bit worse than mine. The issue is down to the covering above the rear wheel. There is quite a large gap that allows a severe amount of debris into the electrical area. On some occasions this has completely covered the battery. On guy has found his fuses being eroded. Luck for me, due to fitting a K2, I found mine early. Please check your bikes. You may get just some dirty mud fling around the tail light inside. You may get a surprise. Below I have copied a letter that I have sent to:  after.sales@triumph.co.uk

Please feel free to copy,use as you will. If you have the issue, please let triumph know. Hopefully we can get this sorted before it becomes an expensive warranty claim, or rejection.

Dear sirs,
May I start by wishing you all a happy new year, and best of luck for the new Trident.
I am a current member f the Triumph Tiger 900 and Tiger sport 850 owners group, and also the UK Triumph Tiger owners club. With this in mind, I would like to bring to your attention a problem we are all having. Above the rear wheel, under the seat, there is a gap in the panel fitment which is causing mud and water ingress into the electrical area of the bike. One member has had it so bad that his fuses corroded. Others have had it so bad that the battery tray has filled with gloopy mud. Fortunately for me, I found mine early enough whilst fitting a dash camera. I honestly believe that Triumph did not design this into the bike, and somehow the fault has slipped through. I would appreciate it if you could look into this for us, and also to prevent expensive warranty claims in the future.I have added a photo for your information.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
Re: 2020 Tiger issue - Gap in rear panel fitment
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 12:44:46 PM »
I've amended the title of this topic to reflect the issue.

You mentioned in your post that you sent Triumph a photo. Can you post that here so we can get a better understanding of what you mean ?

By the way, can you confirm this is the 900 Tiger ?

Many thanks  :031:
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 01:55:38 PM »
Triumph will refer you to your dealer in the first instance. What has the dealer said about it?

Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 10:06:58 PM »
This is the area of discussion

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 08:11:46 AM »
Amost looks like there should be a rubber seal which simply isn't there.

Paulhere is correct, Triumph will always refer you back to the dealer and they are your first port of call. Only then can you escalate direct to Triumph if you get no joy.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 03:38:41 PM »
Yes  :0461: that does sound like the correct procedure. I will pay them a visit asap

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 03:44:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonjak [+]
Yes  :0461:that does sound like the correct procedure. I will pay them a visit asap

Please come back & let us know how you get on, not aware of this issue.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 06:31:30 PM »
I will definitely return to this post, hopefully we can get something done. Thank you all for your input

Offline Have a cup of tea

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Orange XC
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 09:28:43 PM »
Noticed that a while back and filled mine with SUGRU ( mouldable flexible filler ). I also have an issue with the cab in the rear mudguard that lets all the s*** up and over the top of the rear light still thinking of a way to cover this in.
Bikes
Tiger Rally Pro
Ex 800 XC owner ( the original silver frame)
Puzey XTR-4 300 Enduro

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 11:17:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Have a cup of tea [+]
Noticed that a while back and filled mine with SUGRU ( mouldable flexible filler ). I also have an issue with the cab in the rear mudguard that lets all the s*** up and over the top of the rear light still thinking of a way to cover this in.
I believe thatPyramid plastics are working on a part to fill this hole

Recent Topics