Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2020 Tiger issue - Gap in rear panel fitment  (Read 2335 times)

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: 2020 Tiger issue - Gap in rear panel fitment
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 08:06:22 AM »
Compared to the underbody on the 800, sounds like the accountants went ott on the 900.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline sprint

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 02:43:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Have a cup of tea [+]
Noticed that a while back and filled mine with SUGRU ( mouldable flexible filler ). I also have an issue with the cab in the rear mudguard that lets all the s*** up and over the top of the rear light still thinking of a way to cover this in.

That was one of the many reasons as to why I did not buy a new 900 but chose to stay with my 800 XRt. Really can't understand how a manufacture thinks that leaving a dirty great hole in a mudguard is either sensible or desirable!

Offline Tallpaul

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800XR
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 04:14:20 PM »
Just a thought, could it be for cooling the electronics under the seat? Surely it is there for a reason.

Offline Bjorn

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 06:29:24 PM »
I discover the same gap on my new 900 GT Pro. As a temporary solution I cut out some pice of a sponge to solve the issue with. I also wonder why Triumph have made the cut out on the rear fender. This make a huge mess all over the rear part of the bike and the luggage. Come on Triumph, you can do better then this :013: 

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 08:10:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tallpaul [+]
Just a thought, could it be for cooling the electronics under the seat? Surely it is there for a reason.
Absolutely not. There definitely would be no cooling needed under the seat.

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 08:13:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bjorn [+]
I discover the same gap on my new 900 GT Pro. As a temporary solution I cut out some pice of a sponge to solve the issue with. I also wonder why Triumph have made the cut out on the rear fender. This make a huge mess all over the rear part of the bike and the luggage. Come on Triumph, you can do better then this :013:
Please email Triumph, and report to your dealer. Under the sale of goods act, items must be fit for purpose. An adventure bike that leaks into its electrics is certainly unfit. We do have a case, and Im sure Triumph will help its valid customers

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2021, 04:32:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonjak [+]
Please email Triumph, and report to your dealer. Under the sale of goods act, items must be fit for purpose. An adventure bike that leaks into its electrics is certainly unfit. We do have a case, and Im sure Triumph will help its valid customers

Sale of Goods Act no longer applies. It's now the Consumer Rights Act. Item must be fit for purpose, 30 day period to return it, after that the retailer (not manufacturer) has one shot at repair or replacement.

I'm not sure if there's an easy answer to the mudguad hole, but would https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soft-flexible-door-glass-rubber-weatherstrip-U-channel-seal-strip-edge-trim/223600122532 do the other gap?
Tiger 800 XRx, Bonneville T120 Black, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Scrambler 900, Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900, Trident 900

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 06:08:59 PM »
Triumph basically need to come up with a fix via a Service Bulletin.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2021, 07:19:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
Triumph basically need to come up with a fix via a Service Bulletin.
Well said. I have done a temporary fix, after all, this is not the best time to try and get bikes booked in.

This was filled with Granville silicone sealant, purchased from Halfords. I have since, gone back over with a second coverage.

Recent Topics