Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: INNOVV Power Hub 2  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
INNOVV Power Hub 2
« on: January 02, 2021, 10:15:07 PM »
I have been using a Innovv power hub 2 for several months, with my K2 cameras. All works well. This week I decided on another set of accessory lights, wired using one of the spare lines from the hub. I eventually ended up trying all of them. I found that nothing worked, and whilst checking, I found the output was a mere 2v instead of 12v. The power hub is wired straight from the battery, so either the hub is not functioning correctly, or Im missing something. Has anyone got an answer for this please

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: INNOVV Power Hub 2
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 10:32:03 PM »
I know nothing about the 900 or the technicalities of the can-bus but did you see the earlier posts this evening along possibly similar lines, post #4 and #5? :027:

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,28895.msg313428/topicseen.html#new
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 10:55:39 PM »
The post doesnt help me, but thank you for thinking of me

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 10:04:36 AM »
Jon, I know we discussed briefly on FB, I wanted to understand a little more about the Innov power hub so have been nosing at Innov's website and support.  This has some interesting points in it (apologies if you have already seen this).

https://www.innovv.com/forum/innovv-k2/k2-does-not-come-on-when-power-trigger-applied

For what it's worth I would consider trying two things (which you may already have tried) :

• Try putting the yellow trigger wire onto the positive battery to see if it switches the circuits  on (to simulate ignition on)
  • See the point in the thread about initialisation time of the unit (10 secs)

RBW.

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 03:34:26 PM »
Hi RBW, thank you for the link. The problem I read on that link does not appear to be the same as mine. I have a k2 connected to one of the outlets on the hub. After starting bike and waiting 10 seconds the power to the k2 is turned on. This is as it should be. The power hub as 5 other outlets, and no matter which one I connect to, there is only 2 volts coming out instead of 12v. Connecting the yellow to constants live should not change this as I know the trigger is working. Thanks again

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 03:52:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonjak [+]
Hi RBW, thank you for the link. The problem I read on that link does not appear to be the same as mine. I have a k2 connected to one of the outlets on the hub. After starting bike and waiting 10 seconds the power to the k2 is turned on. This is as it should be. The power hub as 5 other outlets, and no matter which one I connect to, there is only 2 volts coming out instead of 12v. Connecting the yellow to constants live should not change this as I know the trigger is working. Thanks again

Understood Jon, something doesn't make sense to me about this (electrical issues frustrate me, but normally manage to self solve through trial and error, I'd be very surprised if the sealed unit is faulty).  One thing you have said interests me, you mention you have the K2 connected to one of the outlets and that there are 5 other feeds for devices (which are only showing 2 volts).  If it's the Innov Powehub2 there are only 5 outputs, not 6.  So how have you wired in the K2 if you still have 5 outputs left ?

Sorry if Im misreading your issue.

RBW.

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 04:10:17 PM »
I think we are getting closer to the issue now reviewing what has been said previously.

Have you connected the yellow to a switched live circuit ? (you mention that canbus is not relevant as you have a direct to battery connection, but this is incorrect, you are reliant on canbus for the unit to make the circuits live via the switched live  - yes it takes its power from the battery but it uses the switched live as a 'switch' to turn on the power to the 5 leads.  If you havent fitted the yellow to a switched live, or a non fast state changing switched live it wont work).

RBW.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 04:43:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by rainbow-walker [+]
Have you connected the yellow to a switched live circuit ?

I'm curious on this as well. Have you got it currently wired to give a permanent feed to your K2 cameras so they record for security or similar? I ask because looking at the website AIUI the hub is only designed for power in, trigger supply in and to supply 5 ignition dependant feeds out.

If you had wanted a mix of permanent live and ignition fed supplies you would probably have been better to have used a Fuzeblock (though a bit bigger but includes the fuses for less wire to deal with) which allows 6 supplies of either permanent or ignition feed in any combination.
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Jonjak

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 06:28:38 PM »
Steve, Im really pleased your not the sort of person who just gives up. You are so right, there is only 5 outputs. You got me checking the obvious. I had followed ? The instructions with my K2. This stated that power from the battery via a fuse to the power converter. This is fed to the cameras. Then I must have fitted the power hub for any other accessories that I may need later. As I was not using it at that moment, I left the main fuse out.  :430: :431:. Thanks to you, I just pulled the wires out from the sleeving so I could trace what went where. What a fool. Really excited now, as Im going to redo the wiring tomorrow, and make it a little more professional looking. I hate getting old.🥴thank you my friend

Recent Topics

winded-staunch