Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: DealerTool Contact  (Read 939 times)

Offline bikepsych

• Tiger Cub
  • You deserve what you tolerate!
  • Bike: TIger 800 XCx
DealerTool Contact
« on: January 03, 2021, 02:01:30 AM »
Hi Folks,
New to the forum here.  I tried using the search feature, but could not find any contact info for the DealerTool folks.  I've emailed both sales and support and have not had any luck hearing back from them.  I've got a 2015 Tiger XCx and had purchased the dealertool software and cable in 2016.  I've had multiple challenges getting the ECU and the computer to handshake. The computer continues to say it cannot find the correct port.  It's the same one I used successfully before.

Any hints or contact points at DealerTool?

Thanks and a Happy New Year to one and all.

BG
B.G.G.
2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx, Delken headers, Leo Vince exhaust, PCV, Puig Screen, Sargent Seats.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
Re: DealerTool Contact
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 09:25:03 AM »
I've emailed both sales and support and have not had any luck hearing back from them.

Checked your spam folder ?

Your email provider has an awful reputation of completely blocking emails which never get to your email account.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Bikertone7

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 09:51:16 AM »
Re ports I've had the same issue in the past I'm no techie and have no idea what numbers are allocated to each USB port (assuming you have more than one). My bike club has the unlimited version so need to use two ports on an old web book I have in the garage. All I can say is play around with the others to find the right one if not already done so.
Other Bikes: 1968 Triumph TR6 650cc (american export model), 1991 Transalp XL600V (everyday runabout), 1979 Kawasaki KL250 Trail Bike project.

Offline UncleGary

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 08:58:56 PM »
Hope you get a reply from DealerTool. I have always had excellent speedy support.

I have learned two important things about the Windows experience. First, if you accidentally plug the interface into a different USB socket, you are hosed as Windows will load a driver that is broken. Even if you go back to the original USB port, it overwrites the driver.

So, you must be careful to use the same physical USB port every time that was active when you installed the correct driver.

The second thing is that even if you go into advanced settings and checkmark that you want the correct driver left unmolested, Windows will still replace it if you make a connection error. Windows will not report the change. You need to go into the device manager to confirm the driver version.

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 07:36:29 AM »
The problem will be the prolific device driver version.
Don't have my notes with me, but from memory, dealer tool will only run on a 'prolific' com port device driver pre 2010.
Windows 10 always loads the most recent driver so when using DT you have to go in manually and load in  an old device driver version which you can download from the prolific website.
Use the windows 'Devive Manager', properties, update com port driver
Driver Version 3.2.0.0 is ok.
This link might also help.....
http://dealertoolcouk.ipage.com/downloads17.htm

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 07:38:50 AM by chuckxc »
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Recent Topics