Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Frost warning  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Jubbsy18

• Tiger Cub
Frost warning
« on: January 09, 2021, 02:09:59 PM »
I own an 800 xrt which I bought from new last year. I have since managed about 5000 miles through rain and pandemic. I went for a little ride yesterday and the low air temperature warning stayed on permanently and couldn't be turned off. I'm hoping it will cure itself when the weather improves on Monday. Also the riding mode symbol flashed a few times when turning the ignition on. Any ideas.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: Frost warning
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 03:30:12 PM »
The frost warning light will come on if when the temperature falls to 4 deg and below and does not go out until the temperature has risen to 6 deg .... so unless you had an isolated warm spot (which we certainly didn't here in Plymouth) then the light was surely working correctly as yesterday was the coldest day we have had yet in this area. :190:

As for the riding mode light have you altered any settings on the previous ride ... rider mode/ABS/TC? :027:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Jubbsy18

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 11:24:52 PM »
Sorry, I meant the wording in the info bar was on permanently. I think it is meant to go after a few minutes or when you press the joystick.

Offline JW

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:15 AM »
I was also out yesterday in temps ranging from 6c to 0c.  The cold warning message does appear at 4c and on mine, it goes after you acknowledge it by pressing "OK" - pushing in the menu joystick.

I did notice on the ECU map mode icon I also had a colour picture of a snowflake that I thought was a nice touch :-). I also tested the ABS and TCS on a manhole covers and can confirm they both work without drama.
2018 Tiger 800 XRx Gen 3 Blue

Recent Topics