Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Megameet 2021 postponed  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Megameet 2021 postponed
« on: January 09, 2021, 07:18:01 PM »
Hello to everyone out there,

We had a vivid discussion today about this year's Megameet I am proud to organise.

Bottom line of this is that none of us sees a possibility that the powers that be including that bloody virus will allow us to have the meet this year in May.

So in order to prepared  and taking in account the advice of fellow members of this forum I decided to cancel the May date right now. I'll get in contact with the hotel next working day how we work out your reservations and will then let you all know what you need to do regarding reservation.

The general idea at the moment is to have the Megameet Germany in early September this year. I have checked with Dai (dallewed) as I do not want to cause trouble with a Minimeet at the same time and he  agrees with that plan.

Please stay tuned for further details in this thread regarding new dates etc. but I have to discuss this with the hotel first.

I cannot really tell you how sad this very moment is for me but right now it is the only way I see. In other words it is "without alternatives" as our chancellor Angela Merkel describes situations like this.

Stay safe and healthy this cannot go on forever and there are plenty of roads over here which need a rubber finish applied by motorbikes from the UK and the rest of the world and at some point in the future we will address this problem.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline GeoffS

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC - Green/Black
Re: Megameet 2021 postponed
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 08:10:37 PM »
Thanks Uli
I think that youve simply stated what everyone was thinking, but was reluctant to say.
It makes perfect sense to make this decision now rather than keep hoping that this thing would be gone in a few months.
We WILL come over to your fine country very soon, but in the mean time, thanks for everything.
Cheers (for now)
Geoff
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesnt.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 08:28:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by GeoffS [+]
Thanks Uli
I think that youve simply stated what everyone was thinking, but was reluctant to say.
It makes perfect sense to make this decision now rather than keep hoping that this thing would be gone in a few months.
We WILL come over to your fine country very soon, but in the mean time, thanks for everything.
Cheers (for now)
Geoff

Geoff,

Your post is soothing my pain...

Offline Barry Tiger

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCa
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 09:48:46 PM »
Thank you Uli. 
I know it is a lot of work organising these events but you have made the right decision. 
Let's hope we can all meet up safely later in the year. 
Stay safe.  Martin  :0461:

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 10:02:23 PM »
Hi Uli
Dissapointing but not unexpected, especially with the way the virus casualty count is rapidly spreading everywhere and travel restrictions changing quicker than the weather ... :006:

... and extra disappointing as we have already missed any meets in 2020.

I was further disappointed personally to use an online covid vaccine calculator a few days ago (out of curiosity, clearly only an estimate) that estimated on a few questions that my wife and I should have had the 2nd injection and have the (hopefully) full protection between 27/9 and 3/11 ... based on 1m injections per week and I believe we are currently only around 350,000 per week although noises are being made to get that ramped up ..... so unless things do seriously ramp up and vaccine supplies are equally available then I'm thinking overseas travel before next winter may be also be questionable for me if I respect having had the 2 heart issues?

Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 10:24:31 PM »
Stevie my friend,

Sorry to hear about all this.

What I have learned from this crisis so far : anything beyond a 2 weeks prognosis is futile.

Nevertheless given the current situation I'd rather hit the brakes very hard to prevent further damage.

Online Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 10:32:01 PM »
We will get there eventually, no doubt about it.  :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :031: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305: :305:
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 10:39:12 PM »
Firstly thanks for your efforts to organise this. I was really looking forward to my first meet, even though I've had my Tiger 7 years now.

The certainty that it is cancelled is far better than the second guessing I've been doing so far.   Not least, it would have been my first trip outside the UK post the B word, so that's another anxiety set aside.   
Much better to be able to meet in the future than risk not having one!
Thanks once more for organising what promised to be a great weekend. Steve.

Offline Wullie

• Tiger Master
  • Triumph Trophy TR6 (1969) Triumph Tiger 800 XCX
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 04:56:37 PM »
This, sadly, is the only decision you could make Uli - there was really no 'choice' involved.  It is still a difficult thing to have to report to the group though, so I feel your pain.

We will come over to visit as soon as this is over - September is a definite possibility I feel (hope).

Stay safe and spare a thought for us struggling with all sorts of problems over here.

Alex   :300:

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 05:44:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wullie [+]

Stay safe and spare a thought for us struggling with all sorts of problems over here.

Alex   :300:

I am following the news and wish you all the best in this crisis.