Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Megameet 2021 postponed  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Megameet 2021 postponed
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 11:58:57 AM »
Uli
I've been chatting to Dai about this fairly recently and it's becoming more and more unlikely as time goes on, as StevieP says we're only just starting to roll out the vaccine in meaningful quantities, as I know are France & Germany.

StevieP
The rollout is to 90+ yr olds first and that is well underway with around 1.3m being vaccinated so far in the UK, clinically vulnerable don't come in till stage 4 and we're way down the list at stage 7, on a personal note my mum contracted the virus and died from it in a matter of a few weeks, at the end of Nov, so I'm all on board with those most at risk being vaccinated first.

On the upside, my daughter is expecting our grandson in April, so I will be on grandpa duty well into May anyhow  :017:

Now available in "Batman"

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 02:37:41 PM »
We are also in group 7 of the rollout. I don't qualify under 'underlying health issues' for my MIA's, it only lists specifically heart disease. :027:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum and it makes me cross that there are so many virus deniers out there still. :172:

Grand children are a sore subject. We only have the 1 granddaughter, up in Cleethorpes, who we haven't been able to visit since last February and had to cancel going up to for her 3rd birthday in October and Christmas up there due to the movement restrictions between tier levels (especially with nearby Hull being one of the worst places in the country). The saddest thing was on our last Zoom call when she turned to our daughter and said 'mummy doesn't anyone like our house anymore, don't they want to come here' ..... sh*t that was a emotional question that riased wet eyes coming from a 3yr old I can tell you. :006:

The way the UK has splintered into even stopping cross border movement between us here isn't a very encouraging thing for any imminent travel within the UK let alone over to Europe. :003:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:39:27 PM by Stevie.P »
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 06:30:07 PM »
Stevie
Our granddaughter is also 3yrs old, though her birthday was in July, we struggled to see her much on the first lockdown, other than by Messenger video calls and a couple of garden visits, we're down as essential childcare at the moment and we've had her over to stay a couple of times before the Christmas lockdown. Obviously as much for my daughter's sanity as her physical well-being, a couped up hyperactive toddler/ pre-schooler isn't the best thing when you're heavily pregnant !

We managed to have our children and our granddaughter round for Christmas Day, effectively a three household support bubble, but they all live with  20 miles of us, so travel restrictions aren't really an issue. It was only a couple of weeks after mum's funeral, so not that joyful, my wife's stage 7 big birthday was the week before Christmas, so no big celebration then either.

I was allowed in to the hospital to see mum close to the end, with more PPE than when we go on site, Covid deniers, or Covidiots as we call them, should be made to go on a Covid ward and speak to the staff and patients, before coming out with pseudo-science comments, it really is a horrible virus.

We had a similar poignant moment, when our granddaughter said that she loved NanNan and Pa and she wanted us to come round and see her, she seems to be coping Ok with it, but it's hard to really rationalise it at that age.

All the schools are now shut, but the little ones are still told to go to nursery, the staff there try their best, but 2m distancing at the school gates descends into chaos when there's more than 10-20 parents there.

Online fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2021, 08:26:44 PM »
Aa said above thanks for all the effort you put in. Hopefully we can get it together another time. Stay safe my friends. Rill we meet again. Mark.

Online Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 07:38:35 AM »
I received an e-mail from the hotel today in which they confirmed the cancellation of the Megameet in May. They asked me to tell everyone that every individual booking was cancelled. Apparently, there will be no individual cancel notice for every booking. Please make sure your booking was made with reference to the Tiger 800 Megameet.

I had asked the hotel to check availability for 10 to 13 September. They promised to come back to me.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 11:30:33 AM »
Thanks for the update Uli.

Unless anyone else has, in which case please indicate here, I have no actual reference to the group on the official hotel invoice pdf, but I assume the quoted 65 per night for '1 Komfort - Queen Room for 1 Adult' would not be their normal room rate and will have been cancelled. My initial contact email referenced the group booking but that was it, though I have kept all the relevant emails. :027:

10-13 September :084: .... :164: Hopefully when my wife remembers to ask she won't be able to move her currently booked June holiday dates at work to September as she is loosely planning we have a (hopefully) post covid staycation break up and around Scotland .... (... and in fairness Uli she has got her Oberammergau holiday next summer, after its 2020 cancellation :008: )

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 12:25:10 PM »
Thanks Uli, mine was made with the Tiger 800 Megameet reference and was a "reservation" rather than a deposit paid booking  :028:

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2021, 12:54:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Thanks Uli, mine was made with the Tiger 800 Megameet reference and was a "reservation" rather than a deposit paid booking  :028:

It does states a lot of conditions on the 'reference' confirmation though, a cancellation fee within 7 days of arrival, 90% room rate chargeable if not cancelled by 6pm on the day due arrival and that cancellations will only be accepted in writing, but I assume they are accepting Uli (who is clearly not personally responsible for us) speaking for all our bookings as our group in these unusual circumstances.

Looking at my emails I am happy it will have been cancelled relative to the information Uli has given us as I notice my communications have my initial contact 'subject' - 'Tiger 800 Megameet 2021', while all the return hotel communications have the 'subject' - 'AW: Tiger 800 Megameet 2021' so likely similar for all? :028:

Online Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2021, 03:52:22 PM »
well I guess if they refer to the Megameet in the confirmation you are safe that the reservation was cancelled.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

winded-staunch