Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: VIN check  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • 'Arte et Marte'
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger XRt
Re: VIN check
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 05:53:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Phil_from_Derry [+]
... just blue, black and white.

That's all I got every time I tried my dealer for 'Intense Orange' for my XRt .... in the end last year after the bike fell on its side and marked up the tank trim I got some here and it was a perfect match ... they list matte aluminium silver.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=triumph+motorcycle+paint+intense+orange&_ssn=aceparts_uk&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=triumph+matte+aluminium+silver&_sacat=0

Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Offline restandplay

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCx
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 06:41:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Phil_from_Derry [+]
I bought a silver 2017 Tiger 800 from a dealer a few weeks ago.  I'm trying to get some touch up paint.  The dealer tells me that the bike is registered as a silver bike when checked against the VIN and was able to tell me it's matte aluminium silver (which i can't see anywhere when i search)....but there are no silvers listed for the model/year, just blue, black and white.  Checked with another dealer who confirmed the same but told me there was a matte silver ice for same year but for thruxton (i think he said also made in Thailand).

Anybody have any ideas how to get the proper colour code or name for my bike that a paint mixer can work with? Is there any particular dealer who is good with colours/codes etc?

thanks -- Phil

Hi. I don't think that you are correct. My Tiger  800XCX which I brought new in 2017 is matt silver. The Matt Silver was another 350 over the other standard colours. Derek

PS I have just checked on the Government website and it is recorded as silver. My registration number being TR10 XCX

I have just looked at the paperwork and the colour is recorded as Matt Aluminium Silver

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 06:56:31 PM by restandplay »

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: others
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 09:52:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by restandplay [+]
Hi. I don't think that you are correct. My Tiger  800XCX which I brought new in 2017 is matt silver. The Matt Silver was another 350 over the other standard colours. Derek

PS I have just checked on the Government website and it is recorded as silver. My registration number being TR10 XCX

I have just looked at the paperwork and the colour is recorded as Matt Aluminium Silver

Thanks Derek, that's interesting.  I've been on a few bike paint colour selection websites and can't see matt aluminium silver listed against any of the tiger 800 bikes of any year.  I don't suppose you've ever sourced any?

I've sent a query to RS bike paint on line.  They seem to be a fairly reputable outfit and have been around for a few years. 

Offline restandplay

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger XCx
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 10:10:42 PM »
Hi

No I haven't needed any yet. I have done over 18,500 miles on the bike and it is still unmarked and I have had zero issues with it. My previous bike was a BMW F800GS which was a nice bike to ride but a real problem with constant faults. I haven't used the Tiger due to lock down for about 8 months but intend to make up for that as soon as we allowed to tour abroad again.

Derek

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: others
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 10:53:07 PM »
Sounds good -- and i've not got any paintwork damage, only looking for some paint for a new high front mudguard. 
(and my wife drives a BMW car, just got another recall letter in last week. I think the dash has been clear of fault lights for a total of a few weeks over the past 5 years, I think it's part of their branding!!)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch