Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 - Pyramid Plastics rear hugger  (Read 1247 times)

Offline SAC841

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Rally
Tiger 900 - Pyramid Plastics rear hugger
« on: January 12, 2021, 09:46:40 AM »
Hi, if anyone is interested in the new rear hugger for the 900 by Pyramid Plastics here are my thoughts having given it to myself as a present. Very well made, not flimsy cheap plastic, has a fibre weave in it, no sharp or poor edges, matte black matches the rest of the bike, fitting is easy and all holes match up.  Looks very OEM and I'm very happy as now I won't have as much s**t in the rear suspension area  :001:

Offline Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
Re: Tiger 900 - Pyramid Plastics rear hugger
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 10:42:17 AM »
Looks good. Always been happy with Pyramid products in the past.

I went for the white Powerbronze as I think it looks good with the white frame on my RP and it was about the only one in production at the time I could find. Fitted well and reasonably made although I know some have issues with the company Im hopeful it stands up ok.

Offline mtowngoldie

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger GT Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 03:47:28 PM »
Yeah, it's a nice hugger.  I have had one on order since 11/19/2020 and was advised by the company I purchased it from that they did not receive any in their last shipment from Pyramid and that they "might" get some in their next months shipment.  Would any of you guys over in the UK know if Pyramid is shut down due to Covid-19? :189:  Inquiring minds want to know.  :084:

Offline SAC841

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Rally
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 03:51:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by mtowngoldie [+]
Yeah, it's a nice hugger.  I have had one on order since 11/19/2020 and was advised by the company I purchased it from that they did not receive any in their last shipment from Pyramid and that they "might" get some in their next months shipment.  Would any of you guys over in the UK know if Pyramid is shut down due to Covid-19? :189:  Inquiring minds want to know.  :084:

Hi - they were shut down over Christmas and New Year but reopened on the 4/1/2021.  They are open for mail order at present.

Offline mtowngoldie

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 04:07:41 PM »
Thanks SAC841 for that information on Pyramid.  :031: Now I'm hopeful that I will get mine from Moto Machines here in the USA once they receive their next shipment from Pyramid!

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 06:25:45 PM »
I agree the Pyramid hugger looks good in Matt black. I fitted mine just before Christmas but not been anywhere in the wet to test its effectiveness. My experience of huggers though is that they are not(effective) but they do look good😊. I also fitted a shock sox so that should keep most of the crud of the shock at least.
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Offline mtowngoldie

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 06:50:14 PM »
Interesting fastnfat.  Which version of the "Shock Sox" did you use for the rear shock/spring mechanism?  I searched and did not find a Shock Sox designed for the rear spring/shock?  Did I miss something or did you use one of the front shock versions?  Thanks!

Offline fastnfat

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 10:08:28 PM »
I used the one that was fitted to my T800. Just cleaned it up and used some new zip ties.
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

Recent Topics