Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: UK LED Conversion and MOT testing  (Read 930 times)

Offline Londonglide

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: xc
Re: UK LED Conversion and MOT testing
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 09:08:07 AM »
On a slight tangent, but still relevant to this, I think, and I am no expert on this, but the Regulator is a shunt type on these bikes, so unused power is dumped through the regulator, creating heat.
I think that the LED bikes have a smaller capacity stator, I wonder if the obsession with reducing power consumption may lead to extra strain on the R/R?. If you reduce the headlight wattage by 70 Watts, that "lost"70 watts  is still generated by the stator, and will dump through the regulator..

Happy to be proved wrong, as I am not totally sure about this, but we did have a thread on Regulators a while back.

Online Ragtop

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 16 800 XCA
Re: UK LED Conversion and MOT testing
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 11:12:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by D6864 [+]
Used them in my car; strong light output, but only slightly whiter than standard bulbs and only lasted a year. Much happier with Osram Nightbraker Plus; they're as bright, whiter and have lasted two years so far.

Thanks - just had a pair of Night Breakers delivered. Once the rain gives up I'll get them in!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch