Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Differences between the maps for Xrx route and Xcx Chemin  (Read 600 times)

Online SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T800 Xcx 2016
Differences between the maps for Xrx route and Xcx Chemin
« on: January 13, 2021, 08:50:45 PM »
I ask myself a question, are the engine behaviors different between the road and cross models?
Or are these discrepancies due to the size diferences of the front wheel, 19 on Xr and 21 on Xc, this generating different calculation methods in particular for the management of the cantrale Abs?
Thank you for revealing your knowledge on the subject.

Offline Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
Re: Differences between the maps for Xrx route and Xcx Chemin
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 10:18:05 AM »
The engine maps are the same across all models. It is possible the ABS is set slightly differently to allow for the different wheel sizes, although the rolling circumferences are surprisingly similar and the difference in the diameter of the tyre is only around 32mm due to the taller sidewall on 19, so may not be different at all.

Offline VicXCrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 04:34:58 PM »
I had a 2016 XRT that I fitted with XC wheels and the ABS worked fine, the off road tyres caused a few error lights to come on sometime, its looking like they have the same software for the ABS.

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 09:40:36 PM »
Traction Control, and most likely ABS too, function by comparing front and rear rotational speeds. Changing wheel diameters could have an effect unless Triumph have modified the number of slots in the rotor to compensate.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Offline Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 02:20:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by chuckxc [+]
Traction Control, and most likely ABS too, function by comparing front and rear rotational speeds. Changing wheel diameters could have an effect unless Triumph have modified the number of slots in the rotor to compensate.

First up, ABS and traction control operate off the same sensors. One system activates if the wheel is spinning too fast and other if the wheel is turning too slowly.

Second, the sensor rings on XR and XC models are the same (different front to back, but the same across models). In fact theyre the same part number as the ones on Daytonas, Street/speed Triple and Twins, Explorers, RIII etc; pretty much everything. Its the front wheel speed sensors that differ between models - XC is 135 deg, XR is 270 deg. The rear wheel sensors are, not surprisingly, all the same ie 270 deg.

The OP was asking about engine mapping.

Online SOHUTAA

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: T800 Xcx 2016
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 08:08:38 PM »

One thing is certain, the cartography for the road models, have a different name to that of the cross models. . .
Wheel diameter discrepancies with adapted Abs management
Or different engine management. . .
I am thinking of the 800, but the question may arise for the 900.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch