Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section > Brakes and ABS

TC disabled and Engine warning light

(1/6) > >>

centaur62:
 Changed the oil and filter two weeks ago, took it out for a spin and all good. Bike garaged between work and Covid but set off for a gallop this afternoon and after a short distance TC disabled and engine warning light came on. Toggled to the TC control and it shows enabled? Engine light I don't know, bike is running sweet.
On a seperate note I think the LH brake disc is warped, running out by 0.2mm leading to pulsing at the lever slowing down to a stop. Only 17000km on the clock.  :006:
Any thoughts?

Stevie.P:
Any ABS light on and/or loss of speedo - (possibly intermittently)?

centaur62:
No, ABS light goes out as normal, speedo works fine, into the dealer this morning.

VicXCrider:
The front disc are floating 0.2mm is not much runout, in the past I have cleaned out the buttons with brake cleaner by spinning them, worth a try for 1 tin of brake cleaner.

Stevie.P:
Originally Posted by centaur62 No, ABS light goes out as normal, speedo works fine, into the dealer this morning.
Probably too late for this event, but there is a method to identify the (majority) of fault codes even if you don't have Tigertool and a cable.
https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,14967.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version