Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 GT, 6K miles service  (Read 1864 times)

Offline ProfThunder

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
Re: Tiger 900 GT, 6K miles service
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 10:51:23 AM »
Thank you for your replies.

Yes, as I said in my post, the service intervals in the table of the handbook that Fazer just posted indeed indicate every 10k km (6K miles) but then the service log book (the one the workshop stamps to record the services that were done) indicates every 16K km (10K miles).
Seems strange they write 10k km in one document and 16K km in the other,
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Tiger 900 Rally Pro (2020)
Triumph Thunderbird 900 (1995)

Offline Fazer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 12:05:38 PM »
That is strange Prof. Is it possible that you've been issued with a Service Record booklet for one of Triumph's models that has 10000 mile service intervals? Or does it specifically state somewhere that it is for a Tiger 900?

Offline ProfThunder

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 12:18:25 PM »
Fazer, I think you just found the answer to that one! Indeed the service record booklet is not Tiger 900 specific. So probably they mixed it up with one from another bike and gave me the wrong one. So indeed the services are definitely every 10K km.
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Tiger 900 Rally Pro (2020)
Triumph Thunderbird 900 (1995)

Offline krokodil

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2021, 06:11:53 PM »
I friend sent me a link clarifying warranty situtation in the USA.
You can not be denied warranty if you do routine maintenance yourself:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0138-auto-warranties-routine-maintenance

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 06:15:07 PM »
Yeah I did all the major maintenance on my 2012 with no worries in Canada, course the one time I did use the shop I swore off ever going back.

But they went out of business and I should probably give the new dealer a chance before I assume they're incompetent.  Is it a standard practice in Europe to pay the bike mechanic minimum wage while charging >$100/hr for the service?

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 06:37:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by hawkbox [+]
Is it a standard practice in Europe to pay the bike mechanic minimum wage while charging >$100/hr for the service?
Can't speak for Europe -- but, generally, mechanics earn somewhere in the range of 1/2 the dlrs shop-rate. The pay schedules range from hourly wage, to salary, to commission, to commission plus percentage of parts sales (parts used in connection to shop work). Often negotiated -- a competent/agressive mechanic may want the last in that list, whilst a dealer may prefer the first.
There have been times when dlrs have advertised in trade journals for qualified mechanics and paid for the services of headhunters to find them so that their dealership can meet the requirements of the franchise.
Qualified shop mechanics proudly display certificates from trade schools and specific brand/model workshops they've completed/attended.
If you find a dealer that tends to avoid accepted practice, it's probably best to avoid them.
典here are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2021, 10:49:03 PM »
That would be a better way.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch