Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Megameet 2021 now 10 to 12 September 2021  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: Megameet 2021 now 10 to 12 September 2021
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 10:09:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by JMc [+]
Unfortunately is doesn't look like I'll be able to come on the new dates  :431: I have other arrangements in place, but I'll let you know if things change before then.

JMc
you will be missed for sure and I am convinced we'll meet again at some point
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Tonkamotorbikes

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2021, 01:54:51 PM »
Room booked for new dates, see you all in Frankfurt,

Offline Barry Tiger

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCa
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2021, 11:16:34 PM »
Hi Uli
I should let you know that I have rescheduled my main holiday to Spain from June, to the end of September, in the hope I will be able to travel.  This means I am unable to take time off work in early September to travel to Germany.  Therefore, with heavy heart, I must pull out of the Megameet, sorry.  I will let the hotel know.
Best wishes
Martin

Offline Tonkamotorbikes

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 900 GT Pro
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »
Hi Martin
Have a good trip to Spain
Regards Nigel

Offline Barry Tiger

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCa
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2021, 04:57:17 PM »
Hi Uli
Andrew Morgan has asked me to let you know he is also unable to attend the Megameet.  He sends his apologies.
Regards
Martin

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »
Sorry Uli, but due to struggling to get out and ride, distinct lack of enthusiasm for anything much at the moment and the likelihood of having to make site visits and works testing for the project I'm working on, we're going to call it quits for this year at least.

Hope to catch up again sometime fairly soon  :028:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 02:49:46 PM »
Ive just hasd an email from the hotel. being trying to make certain they had a booking in myu n ame, as I had no reply from the original attempt to book.

yes we have a reservation under your name.

All other guests from these group cancel the reservations.

With best regards

Isabell

im confused, OK zo its easily done these days, but ALL?
Is it still going ahead?

Offline dallewed

• Tiger Master
  • Today is the correct time to do things
  • Bike: BMW R1250 GSA
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 05:52:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
Ive just hasd an email from the hotel. being trying to make certain they had a booking in myu n ame, as I had no reply from the original attempt to book.

im confused, OK zo its easily done these days, but ALL?
Is it still going ahead?

Hey Uli

Quite a few are dropping out and even though there are signs of getting back to some form of normality, some folk may be contemplating to pull out or suggest to delay further.

May be worth doing a spot check to see the actual numbers - it would be awful to put all that effort in to the event and only have a small number attend.

What do you think?

Dai
Triumph Scrambler - Pacific Blue Jan 2016 - 2019
BMW R1200 GSA 2017 to 2019
Explorer - Blue 2013 to 2017
Tiger 800 XC - Orange 2011 - 2013
Sidney the Kidney 25 on 29th Jan 2016

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 09:53:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by dallewed [+]
Hey Uli

Quite a few are dropping out and even though there are signs of getting back to some form of normality, some folk may be contemplating to pull out or suggest to delay further.

May be worth doing a spot check to see the actual numbers - it would be awful to put all that effort in to the event and only have a small number attend.

What do you think?

Dai

I stopped thinking when this virus crisis started...

Honestly, Dai you are right, we should check the actual participants.

However, I do think (tried it, still works) I am going to do that when we get nearer to the date, so I do my round of asking midth of June, see how many of you try to get over. Things are changing rapidly regarding the virus, so what seems to be wise today may change in a week or two. Over here we had a major discussion whether we should give people with full vaccination or having recovered from the Covid 19 9 illness more freedom and yes, the powers that be said yes to this. So maybe this is something personal in the end: can you show your vaccine record please or proof that you have recovered?

The good thing is anyone can easily cancel his reservation two weeks prior to the scheduled date with no cost. So let me do a head-count midth of June and again end of July. Personally I think (wow I did it again) we need 10+ bikes to make this happen. Should not be that difficult...

Anyhow, I am open to your suggestions, if you feel I should act now, I'll do it.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 11:01:59 PM »
Given the current circumstances I think waiting is a smart call. Although Id hate to let the hotel down by dropping out at the last minute there is an option call approximately 2..3 weeks before the event, mid to late August when we can cancel the bookings.
However, given Jimmy60 is also plannign comiung the decision point may need to be a wee bit earlier... might be usefull if the Bowndah can give an ida of his decision point.. IE when he has to book holidays, sorry vacation dates. when to book flights....

For me this meetup has been a beacon of light "when things get back to normal"... Right now its in the diary as MUST plan around that weekend. We are close to exiting this panic, to shut the door to early would be unfortunate, and if it turns out all is OK come September we will all look foolish throwing away life for FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt).

The only way to stay sane running anything, right now, is to keep planning to do things, and if y'can't well formulate a new plan, do different things. That is after all how we ended up with the proposed Welsh Autumn 2020 date that was also a victim of this crisis.

It would be great if people removed there names from here if they can no longer make it. Of course anybody wanting to come probably should ADD there names  :017:

Its still early days, more could drop out, assuming we can go ahead.

As the organizer this is YOUR event, and therefore its largely your call. You can see how things are developing in Germany. Id like to think that Dennis or Neilzz could help with the Netherlands. Given that I live in the North(ish) of England I will be planning to travel via East Anglia, The Netherlands and onto Germany. I would not be at all surprised if our neighbours to the South play silly beggars with ferry sailings or train services.

I understand your feelings as its the groups meetup. yest it is, but you are putting the effort in. I fear many people dont' appreciate the effort and thought that goes into planning these sort of events. That's why in MY books this is YOUR event, and therefore its largely your call.

So I'd be sad to see it closed down with some 120 odd days to go.

winded-staunch