Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Megameet 2021 now 10 to 12 September 2021  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: Megameet 2021 now 10 to 12 September 2021
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 10:54:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
Ive just hasd an email from the hotel. being trying to make certain they had a booking in myu n ame, as I had no reply from the original attempt to book.

im confused, OK zo its easily done these days, but ALL?
Is it still going ahead?
I'll check that
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 09:32:49 AM »
Fwiw they have confirmed my reservation. It was the comment
All other guests from these group cancel the reservations
that made me concerned.....

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2021, 01:45:40 PM »
Guys,
taking in account what Dai and Matt posted, I came to the following conclusion:
1. right now it is too early to decide whether we should cancel the Megameet, the figures in Germany are dropping day by day and it is not unlikely that restaurants may cater for guests indoor in 4 weeks time, provided guests can show a negative corona test or already had two vaccine shots. Outdoor catering might be possible in two weeks.
2. In general I agree with Matt's position that is my call as the organiser to cancel the Meet, modify the circumstances etc. etc. But I won't take any decision without consulting the group first. That is not only a matter of good manners but also helpful for me.
3. right now the list is down to 26 people - thanks to everyone who updated the list - that's a fair crowd. I do not have a minimum number of participants in mind and why should I? The work is mostly done and if it were just 4 or 5 riders, that would be sad but nevertheless worth doing it from my point of view. On the other hand if you guys from that small island of yours and Jimmy from that big island across the big pond wont't take the trouble coming over if it were just 4 or 5, I'll understand that.

Let's keep our fingers crossed then... the outlook is not as bad as it was when we cancelled Wales or the May date for the 2021 Megameet.

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2016 TT800XRT
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 07:05:42 PM »
Shitty virus, living in the Netherlands we had booked a hotel in Alsfeld for our motor holiday in May, had to cancel cos of covid, hoping to go in september.
Hope you guys get something arranged that suits you all :300: :300:

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2021, 07:35:33 PM »
I'd be happy to come with fewer numbers, but equally happy to abide with the consensus . I'll simply wait for a definitive answer, arranging ferry etc isn't a big deal at short notice. Thanks for your efforts for us all.

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2021, 09:09:45 AM »
Fwiw they have confirmed my reservation. It was the comment  that made me concerned.....

Got a reply from the group reservation department of hotel, apparently your email went to the individual reservation service of the hotel group. The group reservation people apologised for the wrong information and told me that 6 rooms are booked and just one was cancelled.

From what I have understood the email address given to you with the confirmation of your booking is the individual reservation service whereas I deal with the group service. Quite confusing, but as I only blocked a contingent from which participants can individually book rooms from this is the way it works with that hotel chain.

Offline Barry Tiger

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCa
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2021, 09:55:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by Derchef1962 [+]

and told me that 6 rooms are booked and just one was cancelled.

Well I have cancelled two rooms, for me and Andrew Morgan, so presumably we weren't included in the group booking?  At least I have a confirmation they are cancelled free of charge  :002:

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2021, 06:26:19 PM »
It would be great if people removed there names from here if they can no longer make it. Of course anybody wanting to come probably should ADD there names  :017:

Sorry, I haven't even been on here since my last post, my mum died from a Covid infection the end of last Nov and I've been sorting out the funeral, her finances and the sale of her flat for what feels like an eternity, so my head's not in a good place at the moment still, added to which I've only put in three, or four short rides over the last year, so I'll do as Healdem suggests above (though it pains me greatly to suggest he might have had a good idea  :038: ).

On the bright side, we've just been blessed with a grandson recently, so now I have even less free time  :156:

The testing that I spoke about earlier looks like being scheduled for the first week in Sept, so I'm probs going to have to work anyhow, ironically it's for a German made robotic manipulator arm (like you see in car manufacturing plants), unfortunately the tests will be in Halesowen at their UK unit, rather than at the mother-ship in Augsburg (Munich).
Now available in "Batman"

Offline T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2021, 07:21:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Sorry, I haven't even been on here since my last post, my mum died from a Covid infection the end of last Nov and I've been sorting out the funeral, her finances and the sale of her flat for what feels like an eternity...
I feel your pain. Same for my dad in February :161:
Still waiting for HMRC & probate to pull their fingers out.  :232:

I've been hanging on to the hope that I might still go to Germany, but it's not going to happen this year. I've not been able to make my usual US work trips for the last 18 months and the next 6-12 months are looking decidedly busy as the customers over there are starting up again.

I'm hoping to get in a few bike rides to Wales this summer / autumn, either day trips or stay a night or two, but I wanted the Germany trip to be a good week away and I simply can't afford the time at the moment.

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2021, 05:58:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
I feel your pain. Same for my dad in February :161:
Still waiting for HMRC & probate to pull their fingers out.  :232:

Sad news all round, we'd already applied for Lasting Power of Attorney as mum was showing signs of dementia, it came through early Dec a week after she'd died, I'd applied in Aug 3-4 months earlier. Probate went through pretty quickly, only taking about 4 weeks back in Jan-Feb. HMRC weren't a problem as my mum's "estate" wasn't anywhere near the limit.
Now available in "Batman"