Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lockdown blues  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Big stu

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 rally pro
Re: Lockdown blues
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 09:59:45 AM »
Have you got any pictures of your sat nav fitting and iPhone I need to do you same not sure what to use yet
Got mine in bits doing some powder coating and anodising fitted new indicators to LED sequential  :418:
Xcx 800- now 900 rally pro

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 08:51:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Big stu [+]
Have you got any pictures of your sat nav fitting and iPhone I need to do you same not sure what to use yet
Got mine in bits doing some powder coating and anodising fitted new indicators to LED sequential  :418:

Hi Big Stu, you can see both in this pic, the Quadlock is fairly straightforward (the phone isnt mounted but you can see the mount on the bar).  The Evotech satnav holder seems good quality, bit of a faff to install but just took my time.  For further details on the satnav mount, you can download the installation instructions from Evotech here https://evotech-performance.com/collections/all/products/ep-garmin-compatible-sat-nav-mount-triumph-tiger-900-rally-pro-2020-onwards.

I was interested in the scrolling indicators, but havent made a decision yet, so let us know what you think about them !

RBW.

Offline Big stu

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 900 rally pro
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 10:08:35 PM »
Thank you can you still move the screen up and down with the sat nav bracket there
If you send me a pm with your email I can send you a video of the indicator s working they are bright and catch your attention so should be good for other cars to to you  I hope anyway
Xcx 800- now 900 rally pro

Offline Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 11:53:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Big stu [+]
Thank you can you still move the screen up and down with the sat nav bracket there
If you send me a pm with your email I can send you a video of the indicator s working they are bright and catch your attention so should be good for other cars to to you  I hope anyway

Screen still moves as standard, it just has a new Evotech bar that is supplied with the mount.

Offline grizzlybear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: tiger 800Xr
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2021, 09:49:36 AM »
Rad guard, I bought a Beowulf one, made in the UK😍
Safe Riding
Dave( Grizzlybear) honda 125T,  Z650C2, GPZ750, GTR1000, VX800, VN1500 ,2013 tiger800,2018 Tiger800Xr, CG125 and loads of C90`s  :)

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 05:23:06 PM »
You think that's bad, I don't get my 900 GT Pro until March and it's -20c outside right now.  And it's damned near impossible to find 3rd party accessories for the 900 in Canada for some reason.

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 06:10:16 PM »
Thanks Grizzlybear, I forgot about that but had the Triumph protectors installed when I picked the bike up.

As Jarse says Big Stu, the screen still moves but the Satnav stay's still.  I'm interested in the scrolling indicators (I assume the are the Triumph ones) so will ping you my email (if you are happy for me to I'll put the video in the thread as well).  particularly interested that you say they are super bright  :028:

RBW.

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 09:22:38 AM »
Morning all  :190:

I really like Big Stu's scrolling indicators as below, so that might go on the list.  Maybe its the ambient light but they also look super bright - I cant remember if the stock lights are LED ?  Big Stu has also done some powder coating of silver bits (e.g. pillion peg hangers) to match the black frame of his White coloured T900 and it looks fantastic  :062:

Another thing I was considering is the off-road pegs, which are actually designed for the previous Tiger 800 version.   When I went to the Triumph Adventure centre in wales last year they had these pegs fitted to the 900 version (as well as them using them on the previous years 800's at the centre).  Can anyone see any potential issues with this, the fitment certainly looks the same on the 900 pegs. ? https://www.triumphworld.co.uk/shop/detail/cnc-machined-footrests-grey/a9770124

Keep the ideas coming  :031: .

RBW.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 09:24:37 AM by rainbow-walker »

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »
I've received the new footpegs, but encountered a minor issue with fitting the new footpegs.  They fit fine, but the original spring doesn't tension the footrest in the same way it does with the OEM footrest because there is more space around the pin that locks them in place.

I'm going to take a punt and assume the 800 footpeg springs are a slightly different design and will fit snugly, so have ordered two online.  Once I get them I'll have another go !

RBW.

Offline rainbow-walker

• Tiger Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 09:19:18 PM »
I ordered some peg return springs for the Tiger 800 and as expected they are a bit different to the Tiger900 springs.  These allow the new pegs to behave as normal and spring back

Mirrors next, has anyone tried these Doubletake mirrors from the US ?  I managed to break the mirror mount point on the handlebars when I crashed offroad on a Tiger 900.

RBW.

Recent Topics