Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lockdown blues  (Read 2784 times)

Offline 93TigerBill

• Tiger Member
Re: Lockdown blues
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2021, 10:14:44 PM »
Re: Doubletake mirrors: not personally, but a few ride buddies, who do a fair bit of off-road have them, and have said they are much better, as in less 'vibey' than stock.
'93 Tiger 885; '12 Tiger 800XC
IBA #45911; FarRider #89

Online Q

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 XCA
Re: Lockdown blues
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2021, 10:03:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by rainbow-walker [+]
Mirrors next, has anyone tried these Doubletake mirrors from the US ?  I managed to break the mirror mount point on the handlebars when I crashed offroad on a Tiger 900.

RBW.

made up my own with RAM stalks & ball mounts - used a set of cheap plastic mirrors and the setup works very well

nice thing is that you can easily fold in/remove the mirrors when venturing off-road - one less thing to break (and I've broken plenty already:138: )

the range of adjustment also works for me when I have to keep an eye on the peleton when doing lead bike for cycle races - those bastards sneak up on you very quietly and quickly if you don't keep an eye out
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 10:07:06 AM by Q »
When you talk, you only repeat what you already know - when you listen, you learn something new

Recent Topics