Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: fitting later model WP forks  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Poacher67

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2013 800 XC ABS
Re: fitting later model WP forks
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 07:51:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Aussie Tiger [+]
I thought the WP forks on my XCX were excellent and frankly was surprised theyd been swapped for Showa on the 900 as I felt they were perfect. Then I was further surprised to find that the Showa are indeed better. The problem with the Tiger is that its been so unbelievably good through each generation yet somehow Triumph has managed to improve on what was already pretty perfect. The WP will be better but I suspect not by a huge amount. What you really gain is adjustability. For what its worth the fully adjustable WPs on my 800 and the fully adjustable Showa on my 900 have remained on factory settings......
Thanks again Aussie Tiger - It seems to me that you've obviously had extensive and long term experience of both systems and it sounds like you feel there's not much in it, apart from adjustability which you didn't find it necessary to use.. I might be going off the idea after all !..

Recent Topics