Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Comfort seat / low comfort seat for Tiger 900?  (Read 655 times)

Offline ProfThunder

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 900 Rally Pro
Comfort seat / low comfort seat for Tiger 900?
« on: January 25, 2021, 02:35:16 PM »
I saw that there is a comfort seat and a low comfort seat for the Tiger 900. I thought about possibly getting the low one for my Rally Pro. Don't know whether 2cm lower would make much difference. Wondered if anyone has tried it and whether its any more comfortable than the stock seat? Also does anyone know if this will still be a heated seat or not. Its doesn't say on the Triumph site.
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Tiger 900 Rally Pro (2020)
Triumph Thunderbird 900 (1995)

Online Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
Re: Comfort seat / low comfort seat for Tiger 900?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 06:35:53 PM »
I tried the standard low seat on mine but it was desperately uncomfortable. The sides dug in especially when your feet are down.

I had a comfort low on my Explorer and it was excellent, thankfully I知 tall enough for the 900 RP.

Note standard low is not heated either.

Offline Aussie Tiger

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 07:24:36 PM »
The low seat for the 900 is hard as a rock. I think a better option is actually to lower the bike - depending of course on the type of off-road you intend doing. Drop the forks through, buy a linkage kit and new shorter side stand and the cost will be similar to a low seat.
Advantages are many. You retain full suspension travel, you keep your comfortable heated seat, you池e not sitting as much 訴n the bike as with a low seat and you can restore it to full height for resale (or not - and be selling to a broader market).
The only disadvantage is slight loss of ground clearance (unlike a factory low where also loose travel).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 07:28:37 PM by Aussie Tiger »

Offline ProfThunder

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 08:03:54 PM »
Thanks. In view of these replies I think I値l just stay with the same seat and height.
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Tiger 900 Rally Pro (2020)
Triumph Thunderbird 900 (1995)

Offline fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 09:30:07 AM »
Lower seat less foam less comfortable

Offline posty

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 10:50:45 AM »
Yes its similar story on 800 Tigers - As I'm a shortarse, I had my 2016 800 XRX lowered by Triumph with new dogbone links after a test ride before I bought the bike - they also fitted a low seat, which I thought was fine initially but after some longer rides, it is hard on yer bum after an hour or so - I refitted the original seat, which is much more comfortable with little difference to seat height

Recent Topics