Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: South East UK Traveling / Touring Companions  (Read 810 times)

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
South East UK Traveling / Touring Companions
« on: January 30, 2021, 11:09:01 AM »
As per the title really. Are there any others in the SE who are interested in meeting up for a few rides and possible touring trips  :261:

I live in East Kent and have over the last few years (after retiring early) lost touch with pretty much all my old riding buddies :138: So I find myself looking for other like minded riders wanting to meet up  :152:
It would be good to hear from any members who are "relatively" local who fancy getting together for some riding in the Garden of England and sharing a couple of beers  :031:

I've ridden to many places in Europe and covered a good number of miles abroad, and would love to travel again, especially when the better weather arrives and we all get through this nightmare of a pandemic  :157:

My days of camping are over so it would definitely be cheap B&B's and hotels, if you fancy a short or longer trip away somewhere we could put something together, what's on your bucket list of places to ride :017:

This is obviously an early days post, as we all need to be safe to travel (and be allowed to travel  :084:) but it would be good to know if we have any other Tiger riders wanting the same experience   :169:

Offline Derchef1962

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800 Roadie, 2013
Re: South East UK Traveling / Touring Companions
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 12:49:34 PM »
you might be interested in this https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/board,84.0.html, I am sure you'll find buddies for the way to and from.
Life is too short to drink bad wine or to ride bad bikes.

Offline Stelyn

• Tiger Master
  • 2018 XRx
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »

Sounds like a plan Ian,    :028:
        Steve    :031:
`Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with  its head out of the car window '

Offline Uczbpha

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800XRX
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 03:09:16 PM »
You might find this interesting, rides most week ends and quite a few Euro tours as well. Plenty of Tiger owners to chat to.

Nobody is riding at present though due to Covid and I suspect it will only be small groups initially as lockdown gradually eases.

www.lmrc.co.uk

Offline pemcer

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: TIGER 800
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 09:04:57 AM »
Check out www.pemc.co.uk simply the best club in the country.

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 09:35:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by sezian [+]
Are there any others in the SE who are interested in meeting up for a few rides and possible touring trips  :261:

You could join the East Kent branch of TOMCC, they have regular rides out & plan trip into Europe, not much luck on that at the mo'. I have a couple of friends down there. Not meeting at pub now, obviously, but they keep in touch via website.

East Kent TOMCC
HQ: Drum Inn, Stone Street, Stanford North, Ashford, Kent, TN25 6DN
Meets: First Tuesday of the Month from 7pm

Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Tigermainia

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '18 XRt
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 10:05:10 AM »
 :493:
From '61>present - '57 BSA C12, RE C/Sports, '59 Tiger 110, '61 T120R, '57 BMW R50, '76 GT185, '69 T120, KE 175, BMW R75, GSX750, FJ1200, XJR1300, FZ1000, '05 Sprint1050 & '08 Str Triple, Sprint1050, Sp/triple, Sprint1050, SprintGT, Trophy 1215, Speedtriple & '12 Bonne, '15 XRx,'18 XRt, Trident 660

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 12:51:27 PM »
Thanks for all the messages.

Derchef1962 - I have attended a couple of the megameets, one in the West country (I think it was the second one) and the one in Norfolk. Had a great time at both and hope to attend more as and when. I met some wonderful people and have even toured with a few but unfortunately I don't remember anyone living down in this neck of the woods.

Steve - Would love to get together again when we can get out and about, I'll contact you  :028:

pemcer - Thanks for the info, but probably a bit far for the occasional ride out  :084:

Paulhere - Thanks for the info on the Triumph Owners club, I'll certainly be contacting them in the near future  :169:

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 02:05:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by sezian [+]
Thanks for all the messages.

I have attended a couple of the megameets...and have even toured with a few but unfortunately I don't remember anyone living down in this neck of the woods.
I've just been looking at some photos & videos from the Austria 2014 TigerTour. Remember cheescake-gate?  :164:  :492:

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 02:26:26 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about  :164:
But if it has anything to do with a pretty Austrian lady spoon feeding me whilst wearing a low cut national costume I'll deny all knowledge   :084:  :005:  :192:

What a fantastic trip that was, and will always stay in my heart as one of the best tours I've been on  :152:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch