Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Price Check - Tiger 800 2011  (Read 787 times)

Offline cabexas

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 White
Price Check - Tiger 800 2011
« on: February 01, 2021, 03:10:52 PM »
Hi,

I have been postponing this decision for some time but now the time has come to sell my Triumph Tiger 800.
I haven't been able to ride since 2018 and was waiting for better days to come to start using it again. That doesn't seem possible so it has to go.

The bike is kept in private property, always covered, protected from rain/sun. I maintain the battery once in a while and it always starts without an issue.
I believe it will need some servicing which I am hoping would be done by the new owner, or if you think I might have better chances to sell it if it's serviced, then I might be able to do it. 

Given that I have been distant from motorcycles for the past few years, I am asking if you could share with me what would be reasonable price for selling it, given all the details below.
Apart from this forum, can you point me to other places where you think I would have a good chance of selling. I am aware of Ebay and MCN.

I bought this bike back in 2012 in Portugal and brought it with me when I moved to the UK in 2013.
I have all the original documentation from Triumph Portugal (invoices, service, etc...)
The bike is fully legal in the UK with a UK registration since Feb/2017.

These are the details and extras:

2011 Tiger 800 in White.
Last MOT 29/01/19
20,078 Miles
1 Former Keeper
Madstad Screen 18" Clear adventure with side deflectors and "off road" strengthening bar
Adventure-Spec Chain Guard
Arrow End Can
Tony Archer Custom Seats
Pazzo Racing Ajustable Levers
Oxford Heated Grips
SW-Motech Centre Stand
SW-Motech Top Box 38L + backrest
Genuine Triumph Engine Bars
RoxRisers
Barkbusters Storm kit
Radiator Guard
R&G Rear Hugger
New battery Fitted 03/2017

You can find more photos in high resolution https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z7032p8drwyqzlj/AAD7ypUiMlNzvUrYnYAN7tS9a?dl=0

The bike is located in London.

Offline sezian

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Re: Price Check - Tiger 800 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 08:38:59 AM »
Firstly I would suggest you remove as many of the accessories as is practical and sell them separately, hopefully you have the original exhaust seats etc. Looking at the bike and what it's got on it I would estimate you could get somewhere between 500 - 100 for all the bits and bobs, you certainly won't get any of that if you sell the bike with all the bits attached.

Price wise (with or without accessories) you will probably be looking at about 3500 although if I were you I wouldn't even bother attempting to sell a bike right now.

It's winter (never a good time to sell), nobody will want to come and see you (covid) and at the moment nobody is riding so there's hardly any demand for a bike. If you've waited this long I would say take some time, take all the bits off, plenty of people on here will want to buy all the parts, contact Muddysump and have him come and do a full service and then when summer comes and we're all out riding again it would be a better time to sell.

And to be the first in I'll buy the seats off you   :028:

Online Billb

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 12:02:36 PM »
Sold my 2013 ABS Roadie last September on The Bike Bay within two days.  Well worth it with no charges.
I agree waiting until the Spring at least would be better.  I would also like the bike to have been serviced and MOT'd before buying it.
Sometimes keeping stuff on makes the sale easier.  Work out what you 2Might" get for the bits and then decide if they would make selling the bike easier if they were on it along with the spare bits.
Hope this helps.

Offline cabexas

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 White
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 05:25:08 PM »
I know the timing is not the better and I am not planning to sell it right now. I am just trying to plan ahead so I can be ready when Spring/Summer comes.

Regarding all the extras, you are probably right that I would get more money by selling them separately. Even if I wanted to do that, I sold all the original bits a long time ago, as I don't have much space to keep things. I only have the original exhaust but I don't know in which condition it is.

About the expectation of the bike being serviced and MOT, it makes total sense, as it gives some assurance to a potential buyer. Muddysump did the last service on the bike a couple of years ago and I haven't been able to caught him in London ever since. Will try to reach him again.

By any chance do you know any other mechanics that can do the service at home, like Muddysump?

Thanks for the recommendations, they are all great.

Offline Eskeemo

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCA
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 05:41:14 PM »
Dont be afraid of selling now , a friend of mine put his on bike trader and it sold within 3 days to the 1st viewer . I think because the showrooms arent open ( I know you can still buy online or over the phone but not the same ) then private sales are doing well . Looks in great condition.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Jedi
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 09:10:32 AM »
Topic moved to main board as it does not meet the criteria for the Marketplace (For Sale) section.

You need to price what you are selling in advance as the Marketplace is not a discusion area.

Appreciate you are not sure of the price but that needs to be established before posting in the "For Sale" section.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch