Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Be careful with the OEM crash bars!!!  (Read 2031 times)

Offline chris89

• Tiger Member
Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Be careful with the OEM crash bars!!!
« on: February 02, 2021, 03:22:25 PM »
Hi all,

I took my brand new tiger 900 rally pro for a decent off road session last weekend and the bike worked and performed wonderfully. Im really really happy with with it!

However and as sometimes expected when going off road, i accidentally dropped the bike (minor incident) in unstable terrain... It really was minor and the bike also took a minor impact... I immediately thought, uhhh thank god I had those crash bars installed.... Upon closer inspection, the crash bars did nothing to protect the bike, in fact, it bent towards the tank and dented my brand new bike...

I am so annoyed with this product and disappointed....  Not sure if I should get it fixed, source a replacement or just live with it...

Anyway, just wanted to give a word of advise to anyone taking the bike off road.... BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THOSE OEM CRASH BARS!!

A few pictures attached

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Be careful with the OEM crash bars!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 03:54:02 PM »
Oh wow that dent in the tank is from the crash bar? 

Offline chris89

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 04:03:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by hawkbox [+]
Oh wow that dent in the tank is from the crash bar?

Yes it is... The bar pushed into the tank...  You cannot imagine how annoyed I am.... I even feel like complaining to Triumph......

Offline hawkbox

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 04:19:43 PM »
I can see why, you might have been better off without them and letting the plastics ablate the damage for you.  Would have been cheaper to fix.

I'd certainly voice my displeasure about it to Triumph.  I know I won't be ordering them for mine in the spring if that's how they operate.

Online Jarse

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 05:11:10 PM »
Ive seen several reports of the same thing on Facebook Im afraid.

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2020 Tiger 900GT
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 05:13:08 PM »
I suppose the best you could say is that it was still rideable after the crash without lots of broken plastic  :028: :028:

Offline TigerBC

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 800 XCA
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 05:36:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by chris89 [+]
Yes it is... The bar pushed into the tank...  You cannot imagine how annoyed I am.... I even feel like complaining to Triumph......

I had the same thing happen to me on my 800.  The upper crash bars bent into the tank and broke the plastic.  Half of the plastic clips that kept the gas tank plastics attached broke off.  I threw the OEM bars out and put Heed bars on, they are much, much better.

Offline boldie

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2020 Plate XRt
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 05:40:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by TigerBC [+]
I had the same thing happen to me on my 800.  The upper crash bars bent into the tank and broke the plastic.  Half of the plastic clips that kept the gas tank plastics attached broke off.  I threw the OEM bars out and put Heed bars on, they are much, much better.

Did it dent the tank also? Ive just put the upper OEM bars on mine......bugger.

Offline TigerBC

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 05:40:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by chris89 [+]
I took my brand new tiger 900 rally pro for a decent off road session last weekend and the bike worked and performed wonderfully. Im really really happy with with it!

I will say this.... these bikes are way more fun after you get the first scratch out of the way!  :001:

Offline TigerBC

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 05:47:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by boldie [+]
Did it dent the tank also? Ive just put the upper OEM bars on mine......bugger.

The way my bars bent they pressed into the plastic on the side of the tank.  The tank is pretty scratched up because I had to ride several more hours to get home and the crash bars had the broken plastic bits pushed up against the tank.  I had a hell of a time getting the bars off the bike because of the way they were bent.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch