Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Be careful with the OEM crash bars!!!  (Read 2498 times)

Online VicXCrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
Re: Tiger 900 Rally Pro - Be careful with the OEM crash bars!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 06:43:24 PM »
What crash bars are the best to fit to the Rally Pro for going off road ?

Offline TigerBC

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 800 XCA

Online VicXCrider

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Rally Pro
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 08:09:51 PM »
Thanks

I had a set from heed on my XRT  looking like they are not shipping to the UK from Poland since the UK have left the EU, hopefully this will change in a few months time.

Offline Have a cup of tea

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 900 Pro
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 08:55:23 PM »
There are a few aftermarket versions these days.

Touratech ( have these fitted though not dropped yet)
Hepco
Givi

All made in europe so post Brexit all the prices have shot up 20%
Bikes
Tiger Rally Pro
Ex 800 XC owner ( the original silver frame)
Puzey XTR-4 300 Enduro

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 09:14:54 PM »
Always went for outback motortek, they usually use thicker wall tubes, weld it very well and actually
do some testing of the bars on models.

But really high protection bars will always run the risk of doing this, because of the leverage effect,
it's not reserved to Triumph Tiger, even my lower OM bars on my previous Africa twin, eventually
hugged the plastics after 5-6 falls which might then crack what's behind.

Offline chris89

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2021, 03:07:29 AM »
I've decided I will go ahead and purchase the heed bunker crash bars and bin the triumph ones. I had them on my tiger 800 and never a single issue after dropping the bike a few times.... Honestly, I cannot ride my bike comfortably knowing that it cannot stand a minor crash with Triumph certified parts...

I will eventually replace the damaged plastics but cannot do anything about the tank other than probably replacing it and paying a lot of money for it.....

I am very upset and will write a complaint to Triumph, in my eyes it is unacceptable that such a terrible product is sold which can severely damage the bike with very little effort.... If you're planning on taking the tiger 900 off road, get proper crash bars not the oem ones......

Offline erey

• Tiger Cub
  • Carpe Diem
  • Bike: Tiger 900 RP
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 07:07:32 AM »
Outback ordered

Have a good ride

Eric

Offline benx

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: tiger 800xr
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2021, 02:07:10 AM »
I'm not trying be insulting to anybody on this site, but is it possible we all expect a bit too much from crash bars. In reality it comes down to how they are mounted and depending on the impact, it might just come down to offering "some" protection but not "complete" protection. These are still relatively heavy bikes so even a minor impact could be severe. If the bike is sliding on its side the bars would be effective, but not so much a single point impact. Just a thought.

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2021, 08:31:23 AM »
Watched the utube vid above, nobody should fall off on that easy stuff or they should never leave tarmac. If you're gonna drop your bike off tarmac it'll  more likely be in a rocky gully. Be lucky if it lands on the bars.
I bought a cheap trail bike for the rough stuff, much more fun, lost count how many times I've dropped it & no damage other than handguards with no bars at all. Half the weight helps.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline applecorp

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 XRT 2018
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2021, 08:48:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by benx [+]
I'm not trying be insulting to anybody on this site, but is it possible we all expect a bit too much from crash bars. In reality it comes down to how they are mounted and depending on the impact, it might just come down to offering "some" protection but not "complete" protection. These are still relatively heavy bikes so even a minor impact could be severe. If the bike is sliding on its side the bars would be effective, but not so much a single point impact. Just a thought.

I am of similar thinking, my XRT came with Motortek already fitted but I don't see the point of them. If it goes down at low speed or stationary it might save a ding or two but chances are at higher speeds it won't do much good, and in the thread starters case, possibly more damage than without them.

Also, I don't do off road, and they look ugly, imo. I'd take them off but I presume original bolts were removed to put the bars in place with longer ones?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 08:50:49 AM by applecorp »

Recent Topics

winded-staunch