Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: More power for the 2018 tiger 800XCA  (Read 2820 times)

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
Re: More power for the 2018 tiger 800XCA
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 06:42:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
I've googled those controllers, can't seem to find anything honestly !?
Here's one made for powersports (ATV, SxS, etc.) -- this one, picked at random, for Bombardier/CanAm/Rotax 800cc:

https://pedalcommander.com/products/pedal-commander-powersports-pc152-bluetooth?rq=yr_2020~mk_can-am~md_commander-800r-xt~rk_base

In the automotive world, these things are the perfect remedy for lagging throttle response.
If someone really wanted to "perk up" their bike?, I think adapting something like this would be a solution?  :187:
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline pjensen641

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2016 Tig 800 XRt
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 04:34:02 AM »
All 2015+ Tigers are throttle by wire and TuneECU allows you to adjust ETV (Electronic Throttle Valve) tables as you see fit.  Tiger 800, 850 and 900 all have various amounts of high rpm throttle restriction according to the maps.  I have yet to see dyno results from the modification of the tables though.

I have a post here that I will update with my findings.  ADVrider has a few posts by a guy that derestricted his 900, so I figure its worth a shot.  I am a little surprised that more people haven't looked in to it.

I do not plan to run on a dyno, because I am not changing ignition or fuel maps.  I have verified that restricted bikes run the exact same ignition and fuel tables, so I am not too worried.  It's easy to download and view the various maps from TuneECU to verify this for yourself.

https://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,29206.0.html

Offline Newhorizons

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2015XC
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2021, 03:56:47 AM »
Interesting topic and thinking out aloud..... is it possible to build a hypothesis, that if the throttle openings are increased slightly through some areas, say 3000 to say 5500 that one might pick up small power and torque improvements ??

I don't have TuneEcu, and maybe its hard to break into a 2015 ECU ??, but I do have a Power Commander. so I know I can play around with AF mixtures.

So is it reasonable to think that during the mid range, if the ECU gave slightly bigger throttle openings than the standard and if the fueling is appropriate then one might gain mid range power/torque ??? That would be usable all the time and not be compromised by cat flow, high revs ...

Ps, Some time ago I stumbled over a thread about a guy who was looking at timing curves and advance, does anyone know how that ended up?

Cheers.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch